Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelBee)
    I'm at KCL; their pharmacology dept ranks super high and they're the only uni that offers the course I'm doing since I'm doing a joint honours.

I'd also advise you to consider the sort of people you want to be at uni with. Some unis are described as being a "toxic environment". I have a friend who literally almost died from the strain she was under at Cambridge (it's an easily google-able article) and another who credits ICL as being responsible for the worst 4 years of his life because of the people around him. I have a fair few friends at ICL and they're all very quick to stress that they're fun and not representative of the majority of students etc which is quite sad. So prestige isn't everything when picking a uni; I know KCL overall isn't topping the list, but it's certainly good enough to get me where I want to be and I am having an amazing time while I'm here.
    Thanks for the advise, i absolutely agree, hence i didnt apply to ICL or oxbridge. I applied to ucl/lse/warwick/kings/notts. Absolutley love holborn,strand, waterloo area. So london uni is my dream.
    Good luck with kings.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oxford
    Cambridge
    Imperial
    UCL
    LSE
    KCL
    St Andrews
    Edinburgh
    Durham
    Warwick
    Southampton
    Nottingham
    Bristol
    Bath
    Manchester

Thats how i'd rank them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    Oxford
    Cambridge
    Imperial
    UCL
    LSE
    KCL
    St Andrews
    Edinburgh
    Durham
    Warwick
    Southampton
    Nottingham
    Bristol
    Bath
    Manchester

Thats how i'd rank them
    I agree except i think switch manchester and bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    Thanks for the advise, i absolutely agree, hence i didnt apply to ICL or oxbridge. I applied to ucl/lse/warwick/kings/notts. Absolutley love holborn,strand, waterloo area. So london uni is my dream.
    Good luck with kings.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelBee)
    Good luck!
    Good luck to you toom😊

ReputationRep:
    1. Cambridge
    2. Oxford
    3. LSE
    4. Imperial
    5. UCL
    6. King's
    7. Durham
    8. Bristol
    9. St. Andrews
    10. Bath
    11. Manchester
    12. Edinburgh
    13. Warwick
    14. Southampton
    15. Nottingham

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.