Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well the jan and nov exams u just get given ur results, but in the summer you get ur results in an envelope. Theres only ever one teacher dishing them out so theres usually an enormous queue of GCSE, AS and a-level students waiting. Its weird coz were all packed into a tiny canteen and theres people queuing, people ring their mummies and daddies, people celebrating and others balling their eyes out. One girl last year was screaming she hadnt got in though, only to realise theyd given her the wrong envelope. She didnt realise they were the wrong subjects. Hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel18)
    wait a minute are yours in envelopes? thats so unfair last year for the a's results we were sat down infront of a random teacher and they got your slip out and kinda told you them!!! they would then sit there and watch our reactions, i hated it. its so unfair doing that though because you just think there my results why should i have to open them with a random teacher in front of everyone in the hall!!! plus i was embarrassed because i ended up in floods of tears soooo bad but over now
    oh god now im dreading it this year... thats it not going in i'll stay at home under the covers for ever!!!!
    :eek: You don't even get envelopes?! How harsh is that! Our school puts them in envelopes for us (obv all the teachers know our results), but you can just grab the envelope, scurry off, and open it elsewhere (much like I did! )

ReputationRep:
    all our teachers gang up around the entrance. THe head of english came up to me before i got my GCSE results, saying about resits. I got an A* in lit, he was winding me up!

ReputationRep:
    awww thats quite cruel, but nope dont even get envelopes i think that the jan resits were more personnal then the august results last year!!! well this year i prepared ofr the shame so just hope theres a clear runway for the exit!!!

ReputationRep:
    The worst part is the geniuses who hang around. We had one girl who got all A*'s at GCSE and had the highest geog mark in da country. It was sad because she wanted to come to Durham, castle, but she was pressurised to go 2 cambridge from our school. I got 5 A*'s and didnt even get in the top 10 at my school at GCSE. But im not well rounded, i was rubbish at languages!and chem-didnt like that.

so are u people doin anything after the results?

ReputationRep:
    yea that sounds exactly like my school, so much pressure and competition!!! hmmm i think i'm either going to have a barbie for all my mates or i'm supposed to be going back to my mates free house and drinking alot of champers before going out!!! basicly to try to numb and remove any memory of the results. so what are you going to be doing after???

ReputationRep:
    Probably the usual idea of off down one of the wetherspoons. My group is a big fan of the 'vanilla ice' cocktail......basically alcoholic chocolate milk.

and we're all going Ibiza in september which should be fun. well i think at least 14 of us are. soooooooo excited!

ReputationRep:
    very nice sounds like it should be a laugh for you all!!! we did our gurly holiday last week but trying to do another one, if i can earn enough money!!! so no big knees up for you on results day?

ReputationRep:
    well our wetherspoons is quite good. Our whole year goes up and the teachers! Then our group moves onto the next one a mile up the road. we went in there the last day of school, and kept on getting ID'd as we was in school uniforms, as shown below! Im the one on the left, as in not the male, if u hadnt guessed!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    ahhh sounds like a laugh, we have a similar place and funnily enough its a weather spoons but we all meet there and then when it closes mostly you end up spliting off because there are so many of us!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    You know im beginning to wonder about you, first you tell us about your bag fetish, now you want to comfort me? :confused:
    Lol, Valen...i most certainly do have a bag fetish and I would also comfort you in your time of AAA need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiamonds)
    all our teachers gang up around the entrance. THe head of english came up to me before i got my GCSE results, saying about resits. I got an A* in lit, he was winding me up!
    That is so bloomin' harsh! I was in tears before my results...that wouldn't have helped the situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laces)
    Lol, Valen...i most certainly do have a bag fetish and I would also comfort you in your time of AAA need
    LOL, thanks Laces, im proberbly the only person here without a bag fetish, but i make up for that in other ways. And don't laugh at my needs... I can't imagine not going to Durham! So will be graciously accepting all the comforting on offer!

And zeitgeist i was only joking man! If you have a bag fetish who am i to argue with that! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    LOL, thanks Laces, im proberbly the only person here without a bag fetish, but i make up for that in other ways. And don't laugh at my needs... I can't imagine not going to Durham! So will be graciously accepting all the comforting on offer!

And zeitgeist i was only joking man! If you have a bag fetish who am i to argue with that! :confused:
    valen my man, i know you were joking! dont worry no offence was taken. but i have no bag fetish. seriously :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeitgeist)
    valen my man, i know you were joking! dont worry no offence was taken. but i have no bag fetish. seriously :rolleyes:
    Your man ehh? I be no mans man! And honestly, i dont mind if you have a bag fetish, im not one to judge people on such things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    Your man ehh? I be no mans man! And honestly, i dont mind if you have a bag fetish, im not one to judge people on such things!
    thanks Valen, no-one's man, but i dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    :eek: You don't even get envelopes?! How harsh is that! Our school puts them in envelopes for us (obv all the teachers know our results), but you can just grab the envelope, scurry off, and open it elsewhere (much like I did! )
    My school would place all the results as they came off the secured intranet from the exam boards up on the large noticeboard on the outside of the gym, where they would remain for a year. This meant that you knew your results about 3 minutes after the board released them, but also that everyone else knew them 3 minutes after the board released them.

Officially the reason was that every minute spent typing out individual results slips was a minute somebody else took a place you wanted if you were going through clearing, but it was reckoned that they were just being cruel.

They did the same for GCSEs, and AS / Modular exams as well.

ReputationRep:
    ouch now that is cruel, and i thought my school was bad!!! don't they always find silly excuse to justify cruel actions! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Our exam officer would hand us the envelopes, but he would know what you had, and really enjoyed watching us open them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    Our exam officer would hand us the envelopes, but he would know what you had, and really enjoyed watching us open them!
    at our college there were a load of tables in the main hall, each one for the first letter of one's surname. the person at the table would give you your results, i guess they must read them, cos she said congratulations to me! i feel that my sixth form was one of the best in the country (it came top in many league tables this year) but there is so much support on results day, its really reassuring. sorry, i'll stop kissing the arse of my college now!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.