Turn on thread page Beta

Am I missing out? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    So do you feel like an outcast when people go to football matches? I hate the congestion of people after football matches and I don't give a crap about football (not the sport, but the hordes of people who go crazy over it). But I completely understand what you're saying. It's a different situation. It's like your friends are, perhaps, doing something and there's a slight feeling at the back of your mind that maybe you're missing out. Remember, you should do what you wanna do and that's completely fine and if you decide you wanna party, do it, and if you decide you don't want to, don't do it. You can go partying too, and if you don't want to drink, then don't give in to peer pressure. Out of all the parties and stuff that's gone in in my life - none of them had drunk people there having alcohol - because we couldn't as we were under 18 and why should today, when you're over 18, be any different?

I think people do benefit from social time. Times when you're helping each other learn, and time when you're just having fun by playing sports and stuff against/with your friends. If you have those two elements, what's the need for partying? Imo, it's just wasting time (depending on what actually goes on in partying).
    I think its deeper than me jhst missing out, I have so many friends and I dont get invited. And im really talkative too, i just struggle to bond/attract people. then this just creates insecurity issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    Do what makes you feel happy and relaxed.
    Don't listen to others...listen to yourself. :yep:
    I am the one with negative thoughts on myself based on comparing myself to others in the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    that's a good thing, because you have more time to do stuff way more productive and not let you life go to waste
    Despite not doing parties I just do unproductive stuff alone. Only productive thing i do is gym or.homework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Despite not doing parties I just do unproductive stuff alone. Only productive thing i do is gym or.homework
    lol ok lemme be honest
    what I meant by productive is
    play video games, watch anime or kdrama or whatever you normally watch basically, keep updated with kpop and yh stuff like that
    oh and going out if you're the type to go out a lot

ReputationRep:
    I think its deeper than me jhst missing out, I have so many friends and I dont get invited. And im really talkative too, i just struggle to bond/attract people. then this just creates insecurity issues
    Wow, you've already identified this much?! Good job.

But there's a contradiction here. If you have so many friends, then why is it that you struggle to bond with people - that doesn't make sense?

True friendship is one of the hardest things to find. It's the result of a very strong bond between two people, hence, the first plausible conclusion that comes to mind is that you in fact don't have many real friends. But even if that's true, it's not going to be a helpful fact. The other equally plausible thing is that perhaps it just hasn't come to their mind to invite you - they probably don't invite other people too so stop taking it so personally and needlessly creating insecurities in yourself - and speaking of which, that's a problem too. Why don't you invite yourself by asking them--wait there's no reason to get their permission or approval or anything - if they're truly your friends they'll happily accept you and welcome you. Then you'll really know if you like it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    Wow, you've already identified this much?! Good job.

But there's a contradiction here. If you have so many friends, then why is it that you struggle to bond with people - that doesn't make sense?

True friendship is one of the hardest things to find. It's the result of a very strong bond between two people, hence, the first plausible conclusion that comes to mind is that you in fact don't have many real friends. But even if that's true, it's not going to be a helpful fact. The other equally plausible thing is that perhaps it just hasn't come to their mind to invite you - they probably don't invite other people too so stop taking it so personally and needlessly creating insecurities in yourself - and speaking of which, that's a problem too. Why don't you invite yourself by asking them--wait there's no reason to get their permission or approval or anything - if they're truly your friends they'll happily accept you and welcome you. Then you'll really know if you like it or not.
    I have so many friends because after leaving highschool I changed to to different places for 6th form. Why do I struggle to bond? In all honesty I believe that its not my fault... I would comment on social media pictures, medsage people. But that effort isn't reflected back. Maybe people just assume I already have lots of close friends?

The issue is that i only have 2 real friends out of 200. Barely anyone cares about me.

My theory is that this is some invisble force trying to push me to my limit

ReputationRep:
    I have so many friends because after leaving highschool I changed to to different places for 6th form. Why do I struggle to bond? In all honesty I believe that its not my fault... I would comment on social media pictures, medsage people. But that effort isn't reflected back. Maybe people just assume I already have lots of close friends?

The issue is that i only have 2 real friends out of 200. Barely anyone cares about me.

My theory is that this is some invisble force trying to push me to my limit
    Well first of all your statement about "Barely anyone cares about me" is most likely false. I'm sure your family cares and your 2 friends and your teachers and your pet lol if you have one - sometimes in life that's enough.

And about that invisible force trying to push you to your limit... Break the limit. Become the force itself.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.