Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by vienna95)
    the offender is evidently able to access our PMs
    According to the vBullettin website mods and admin can't access users PMs (although they can access reps)...same as they can't *see* passwords (although both can be accessed directly from the server and then decoded using a special program).
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    *******s!

This is getting beyond a joke now! V would be within her(his) rights to take action against UKL for not taking enough action to protect her/his personal information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    According to the vBullettin website mods and admin can't access users PMs (although they can access reps)...same as they can't *see* passwords (although both can be accessed directly from the server and then decoded using a special program).
    :confused:
    well im at a loss then. interestingly, the PM from me to the mods was picked up by edders account, even though it went to 4 of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateMedic)
    *******s!

This is getting beyond a joke now! V would be within her(his) rights to take action against UKL for not taking enough action to protect her/his personal information.
    appropriate legal action is being considered, although not by me.

ReputationRep:
    I stupidly clicked the link out of interest/nosiness - wonder if it was key logged????

still at least it's united the 'usual enemies' against the idiots!

ReputationRep:
    is it me, or is this now a sticky?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    is it me, or is this now a sticky?
    Not you.

This is looking increasingly like the hacker has got access to a mod account...

ReputationRep:
    Not you.

i think it is 'edders'.

ReputationRep:
    Not you.

Unless a real mod made it a sticky - can't think why though :confused:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    i think it is 'edders'.
    Are any mods online right now? If not it might be worth reporting this thread to try and get someone online who can start sorting things out. It certainly looks like edders if the hacker had access to his pms

ReputationRep:
    It was a sticky when I posted (if that helps try to narrow down times).

ReputationRep:
    Right, have any of you considered that maybe though no mod has declared taht they have been hacked into, it could be possible for someone say to hack into some of the older mods? And use their powers? And no one would know?

ReputationRep:
    One of the REALLY old ones? Do they still have modding powers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Right, have any of you considered that maybe though no mod has declared taht they have been hacked into, it could be possible for someone say to hack into some of the older mods? And use their powers? And no one would know?
    That could be a possiblity but surely if someone like Koloths or Helenbrownsells mod accounts had been used that would be visible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    That could be a possiblity but surely if someone like Koloths or Helenbrownsells mod accounts had been used that would be visible?
    I don't think their accounts have moderator privelages anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody reported the thread yet? :confused: I'm confused as to why it's still up after five days...

Poor vienna, you're not having much luck at the mo This is really not on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I don't think their accounts have moderator privelages anymore.
    Yep, and looking at Koloths profile there has been no use for months....does anyone know whether m has done anything yet, ie sent pms to those affected?

ReputationRep:
    as i said, if you actually want the truth send me a PM.

Might be being dim, but are you 'our' vienna, or a hack attack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateMedic)
    Might be being dim, but are you 'our' vienna, or a hack attack?
    raise a particuarly naive argument against terrorist pre-emption in the d+d forum, and find out.

ReputationRep:
    raise a particuarly naive attack against terrorist pre-emption in the d+d forum and find out.

LOL!! OK

I will test your debating powers (and probably poorly!)

Also - I notcied a few other posts have been modified. For example Edders grammar thread:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t55174.html

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.