Turn on thread page Beta

I predict a landslide victory for Trump, here are my reasons. watch

ReputationRep:
    Trump did 9/11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistletoe)
    1) He appealed to the black community in a very sincere way.
    He's not sincere in anything but wanting to make money and inflate his ego more. IMO, he's a racist.
    2) His campaign has been positive and energetic so his supporters are more likely to vote.
    "Nasty woman"
    3) He has no signs of illness, Hilary does.
    His medical letter was a complete joke. We do not know his state of physical health.
    4) Hilary has the whole Clinton scandals in her closet, and she comes across as Obama Part 3, which is not what Democracy is all about.
    Trump wants to be a dictator. He thinks that he can get people that he doesn't like put in prison. That's not how the constitution works.
    5) The poor communities genuinely will benefit from new leadership after so long with the democrats.
    He will ensure that he is financially better off. He obviously doesn't car about anyone else, once they've voted.
    6) The appeal for positive relations with Russia.
    At what price? He has no idea of the consequences of his actions, and I doubt will listen to, highly educated, advisors. He acts as if he always knows best, making snap decisions on important issues.

What about relations with Mexico?
    7) He strikes a chord with locker-room-talkers nationwide.
    I'll give you that one, but it isn't good. The numerous women that have come forward to say that he sexually assaulted them is impossible to ignore. He's unfit for any public office, and should be tried for his crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I have to agree with you sir; bar any rigging of the election; I think he will win, maybe not a landslide, but comfortably!
    You really think that election rigging is possible?! Put your tin-foil hat on now!

ReputationRep:
    1) He appealed to the black community in a very sincere way.
    He went for the black community so late into his campaign, and his appeal was 'what do you have to lose?'. Your bar for sincerity is charitably low.

2) His campaign has been positive and energetic so his supporters are more likely to vote.
    Trump's campaign has been energetic in the worst possible way, and that's enough motivation for Democrats and Republicans to push back against his insane base.

3) He has no signs of illness, Hilary does.
    Sniff. Sniff.

In a letter from Trump's doctor, it says that Trump would be the healthiest president in the history of the United States - do you believe that?

4) Hilary has the whole Clinton scandals in her closet,
    Which she has been cleared of as of today.

and she comes across as Obama Part 3, which is not what Democracy is all about.
    What?

5) The poor communities genuinely will benefit from new leadership after so long with the democrats.
    Not under Trump, no.
    New =/= better.

6) The appeal for positive relations with Russia.
    Do you think Putin wants to best for America? Did it ever cross your mind that the only reason Putin likes Trump is precisely because he's easy to manipulate and that he would be a disaster for America?

7) He strikes a chord with locker-room-talkers nationwide.
    You seem very nonchalant about trying to sleep with other people's wives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    You really think that election rigging is possible?! Put your tin-foil hat on now!
    Various issues to do with postal ballots; electronic machines changing Republican votes to democrats; all possible and all proven.

ReputationRep:
    I just think that Trump will win because he's so controversial that particular groups of people (hint hint: the Media) will want to focus more time on him and less on Hillary Clinton (I think statistically, he has had more screen time than Clinton, simply because of who he is).

Up until recently, Clinton's campaign has been "My name isn't Donald Trump, vote for me" which I wouldn't see as very convincing.

Yes, both candidates have some sort of a "manifesto", but the depth of them was revealed far too late in favour of "who can out-insult the other person".

So yeah, as much as I don't want Trump to win, I think he'll still win.

ReputationRep:
    Various issues to do with postal ballots; electronic machines changing Republican votes to democrats; all possible and all proven.
    Voter fraud is not possible to anything but an absolutely trivial extent. Many respected organisations have made their views known - here's one from the BBC.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Really? Because so far the confirmed cases of electorate fraud have been Trump voters. Over the last 15 years something like 10 people have been convicted for electoral fraud. Most of the officials running the election are actually republicans as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Trump is just a rich guy seeking power.
    Clinton has been in the business for a long time and has everything hooked up to her.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with the OP and would like to make my own prediction:

Hillary wins, but doesn't have the political capital to do anything. Her Presidency is characterized by a balkanized US losing its grip on the world stage and Russia/China taking their place.

Alternately:

Trump wins, but doesn't have the political capital to do anything. His Presidency is characterized by a balkanized US losing its grip on the world stage and Russia/China taking their place.

As you can see, it makes a huge difference who becomes President. Whole pronouns get changed in my prediction.

ReputationRep:
    It was obvious the whole way through, that the media, and democrat establishment had learnt zero from Brexit- it was laughable to watch them make all the same mistakes and talk the same nonsense about how it was sewn up in the polls(this was before the Comey thing) then he raised this thing and they said she would no longer cruise to it, it was tighter, she couldn't afford to relax, then he changed the verdict again and they seemed to think 'tight but she'll do it'.

I won £150 at 4/1!! - which is a nice bonus, and I hate and distrust the deeply cynical, devious establishment and their fake, shrill moralizing.

ReputationRep:
    How can you say he appealed to black people when less than 10% of them voted for him.

ReputationRep:
    He won. LOL.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.