22.22%
    Neither hate it or love it.
    15.15%
    Its bad.
    2.02%
    Hate Christmas.
    6.06%

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    I like the spirit, I don't have a Christmas tree at home etc, but I get cards and write them and give them to all the people who do celebrate Christmas on the road I live on. I buy a Christmas gift for my next door neighbour who does celebrate it with her family. I go round her house on Christmas day and give her the gift and I spend time her and her family and stuff and then she gives me a gift it return It's really sweet
    Aw that sweet

ReputationRep:
    I just see it as another day.
    I hate family gatherings with a passion because im forced to socialize when i really dont want to.
    Id much rather be by myself doing things that make me happy.
    I dont get excited anymore by it now. Used to but not anymore.
    I just look for it to be over so that everyone calms down and things resume to normal.
    I prefer the new year tbh, more exciting because that means a new motorsport season is getting closer

But yeah Christmas isnt particularly enjoyable usually.

ReputationRep:
    I like it more than Diwali and if that doesn't say how much I love Christmas then I don't know what does..

Also I love going to Oxford Street to see how pretty the lights are.

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I just see it as another day.
    I hate family gatherings with a passion because im forced to socialize when i really dont want to.
    Id much rather be by myself doing things that make me happy.
    I dont get excited anymore by it now. Used to but not anymore.
    I just look for it to be over so that everyone calms down and things resume to normal.
    I prefer the new year tbh, more exciting because that means a new motorsport season is getting closer

But yeah Christmas isnt particularly enjoyable usually.
    I feel the same way about christmas minus the motorsport bit. A new year, means a year closer to my dream

:hugs:

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I like it more than Diwali and if that doesn't say how much I love Christmas then I don't know what does..

Also I love going to Oxford Street to see how pretty the lights are.
    Fair enough

Why the hype over lights though??

ReputationRep:
    It is wonderful to celebrate the birth of Our Saviour

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    x
    What your opinion??

(Original post by the bear)
    It is wonderful to celebrate the birth of Our Saviour
    True point if you are a Christian.

But doesnt shops and advertisement abuse that in a way and ignore that, that is the sole purpose of Christmas. And that Christmas aint about presents and material items, its about celebrating the birth of Our Saviour if you are a Christian and spending time with people who care about ya or being on your own in some case.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Lmao not Christian so I never really saw the point of Christmas... feel like it is overly-commercialized and hyped

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice holiday which brings people together, but as I've gotten older it's lost most of it's spark and I generally just go about things as if it were any other day. Conflicts in my family haven't exactly helped me enjoy Christmas, so that's definitely had an influence.

(Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Lmao not Christian so I never really saw the point of Christmas... feel like it is overly-commercialized and hyped
    Could not agree more with ya there.

ReputationRep:
    It's now celebrated as a 'get-together' holiday - instead of a religious holiday. (e.g. Pagan, Christian, ect).

ReputationRep:
    i enjoy the season of Advent when we prepare for Our Saviour's Birth in the Little Town of Bethlehem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    I am not Jewish but I hope I can see the point of Hannukah.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Could not agree more with ya there.
    I like the christmas lights though... pretty things are meant to be celebrated :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way about christmas minus the motorsport bit. A new year, means a year closer to my dream

It sucks really doesnt it!
    Nooo gotta love a bit of motorsport (pretty much is my life!)
    Precisely! Its getting there

Gotta go now though, relatives are coming over :/

ReputationRep:
    Sales in shops

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough

Why the hype over lights though??
    They're just really pretty to look at!

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a Scrooge when it came to Christmas but after my grandpa became seriously ill I realised just how precious Christmas time with my family was and now for the last few years I have became one of those annoying people who like to celebrate Christmas months in advance I try and make the most of each Christmas now since I don't know each year if my grandpa will still be here for the next one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like Christmas. I don't love it but I think that's just because it gets less exciting as you get older. I like the atmosphere though, and all the films.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.