41.06%
Nay (402)
58.94%
Fadel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They're awesome, it's just that the society doesn't accept them really well. I may get called an ex-con or some idiot.
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally think very few people can actually pull off tattoos.Some of them can look super tacky and others can look amazing. Would only get in a place very few people would ever see if I did get one.

I used to be obsessed with getting one but then grew out of it but I have a huge crush on Jay from Tattoo fixers. I wouldn't mind dating a guy with tattoos but not like to the point where's he's completely covered.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i have six, missus has two

and we both want more want more
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tattoos are a wonderful way for young people to express their special qualities:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...33_306x423.jpg
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nay
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope
clonedmemories
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't have an opinion on tattoos either way. There are specific tattoos I like, and specific ones I dislike. It's a personal decision, and one where I'd hardly want to impinge on anyone's freedom to choose what they do with their own body, but I also think that people should accept the consequences to a certain extent and choose their designs or locations accordingly. I do think that it's true that tattoos don't affect a person'a ability to do their job, and that denying someone a role simply because they have, say, a tasteful design on their wrist is ridiculous. However, if you're going to get "THUG LIFE" across your knuckles or some kind of profanity tattooed in a visible location, then you've got to accept that people aren't going to look upon that favourably. Of course, that's all still pretty subjective, which is where it gets difficult.
Elastichedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know if I'd get one personally but they sure do look good on other people
Numero Uno
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im surprised by the polls thought most people loved tattoos?
username1441610
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wouldn't have one my self but they do look pretty good.

Incoming butt-crack:
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
I don't mind tattoos but yeah some places are a definite no no for me (hands, face and neck really). I'd like the idea of getting a tattoo but honestly don't like the whole permanently on my body thing- i'd probably get sick of it very quickly...plus i don't i can really pull off a tattoo unless it was small or in an inconspicuous place like my side or something...
elen90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not my cup of tea, but people can do what they want with their bodies :dontknow:
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I reallyyyyyy want a tattoo... just need to spend a lot of time thinking about it first so there's no chance I'll regret the design :lol:

my gf has a watercolour tattoo which is just beautiful :love:
RJDG14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My concern is that they cannot be easily removed. You can get temporary tattoos - these are better in the sense that because they come off easily!
retro_turtles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
I personally think very few people can actually pull off tattoos.Some of them can look super tacky and others can look amazing. Would only get in a place very few people would ever see if I did get one.

I used to be obsessed with getting one but then grew out of it but I have a huge crush on Jay from Tattoo fixers. I wouldn't mind dating a guy with tattoos but not like to the point where's he's completely covered.
it's the eyes i swear
01student19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me, I believe that if someone wants to get a tattoo then let them unless they're furiously intoxicated then I suppose it's a different story. I personally don't have a problem with people getting tattoos as it is their life and they should live it how they want it. I have been contemplating on getting a tattoo but I'm still not sure of what to actually get or where to get it but I do know I want it to be subtle.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Personally I like tattoos, if they are not extended to the whole body. I am fascinating most of all for 3D tattoos or the ones which begin from the neck and end to the spine. The first named one is really hard and a lot of work for tattooist, that is why I appreciate those ones very much. It is a artwork which is surely difficult to complete.
abc:)
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a lot of piercings but never got a tattoo - because there's nothing I particularly want accessorising my body for the rest of my life, it seems like a weird concept to me.

As for getting one with meaning, I've never understood that either - I have all the meaning inside my head, I don't need it physically etched on me.

All that said, I like them! I've seen tattoos on other people that look lovely. It's just not for me.
flower.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hate tattoos.. its painful
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Definitely yay! I'm booked in to get my first done November 23rd. Going to immortalise two of my late betta fish, Roan and Paris, on my shoulder blade. I had plushies made of them earlier in the year but it just didn't feel like enough. They meant so much to me and this just feels so right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise