Adding an S at the end makes everything in life more secure
MurdererS?
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
Why is this TSR's priority rather than ensuring that notifications stay permanently working, changing the way the CT works so that things get done more quickly, and combatting trolls?
If you have some suggestions about site management pop in to ask the CT and post. If you suspect a troll please report it, it takes team effort and the community has the power to do something about it by letting us know.

(Original post by Juichiro)
TSR Hackers better get hacking before it's too late.
:lol:
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tasha_tah)
What's the difference even? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
HTTPS means the connection between TSR's servers and your own PC is encrypted so it cannot be read by outsiders. This is a fairly common security practice for any website which handles personal information, and it's something we already use for a number of pages on our site like login, register, edit profile and so on. We're now moving the whole of our website to HTTPS, so all content will be using a secure connection, from thread pages to PMs, notifications, and everything else.

The whole web is likely to move over to HTTPS eventually. Many high-profile websites are already using HTTPS everywhere (including Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and many more) as it's simply a better way to operate a website - more secure, more efficient, and better suited to the way the web works.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise