Turn on thread page Beta

Question for you guys. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Fair enough.

And ya think so??
    Yeah families are pretty bad at assuming what other people's tastes are. People in general are to a degree, come to think of it.

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Yeah families are pretty bad at assuming what other people's tastes are. People in general are to a degree, come to think of it.
    Yea true point there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aw wish more guys thought like that then, and fair points there.
    You'd be surprised how many people think like that. I'm not speaking for everyone but we're not as judgmental as a lot of people think. Sure there are some guys that will judge. There are plenty that won't. Won't matters though is how you feel, not how someone else feels.

It doesn't matter if guys (or girls) judge you. If someone who focuses on looks is a good match for you then that's fine. If they're only interested in the superficial and you're not then you save yourself the hassle. What matters more is that you are comfortable.

My general opinion is that less/no makeup on a girl looks more attractive. I prefer the natural look. But I try not to tell girls that they shouldn't wear makeup because it should be down to what they feel comfortable doing. If you feel uncomfortable without makeup that's fine. If you want to change and do something about it that is also fine. But don't feel like you are obligated to wear or not wear makeup because of what SOMEONE ELSE thinks. Unless of course that's your intention. Wearing makeup everyday because it boosts your confidence in your appearance and wearing makeup to woo a guy are obviously totally different things.

(Original post by Acsel)
    You'd be surprised how many people think like that. I'm not speaking for everyone but we're not as judgmental as a lot of people think. Sure there are some guys that will judge. There are plenty that won't. Won't matters though is how you feel, not how someone else feels.

It doesn't matter if guys (or girls) judge you. If someone who focuses on looks is a good match for you then that's fine. If they're only interested in the superficial and you're not then you save yourself the hassle. What matters more is that you are comfortable.

My general opinion is that less/no makeup on a girl looks more attractive. I prefer the natural look. But I try not to tell girls that they shouldn't wear makeup because it should be down to what they feel comfortable doing. If you feel uncomfortable without makeup that's fine. If you want to change and do something about it that is also fine. But don't feel like you are obligated to wear or not wear makeup because of what SOMEONE ELSE thinks. Unless of course that's your intention. Wearing makeup everyday because it boosts your confidence in your appearance and wearing makeup to woo a guy are obviously totally different things.
    That is a very true point there

ReputationRep:
    Im not a guy so can't answer your question. However, your family had no right to say such a thing.
    Don't let them get you down! One day you'll be a living proof that they were wrong.
    I'd be your friend for sure.
    I'm amazed at your being a carer at such a tender age! It takes a strong person to do that so don't worry, you are made of tough stuff and will battle through your low blue days, certainly.

(Original post by starfab)
    Im not a guy so can't answer your question. However, your family had no right to say such a thing.
    Don't let them get you down! One day you'll be a living proof that they were wrong.
    I'd be your friend for sure.
    I'm amazed at your being a carer at such a tender age! It takes a strong person to do that so don't worry, you are made of tough stuff and will battle through your low blue days, certainly.
    Yea i know and i try not but its a struggle tbh. Maybe so,
    Aww
    Aw why? I did what i had to. And thank you for the kind words.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah I would, I would be honour to have someone who is as socially awkward as i am, to be my first girl friend, so go for it, I believe in you.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore your family. It's untrue.

Trust me.

(Original post by Demonlover1)
    Hell yeah I would, I would be honour to have someone who is as socially awkward as i am, to be my first girl friend, so go for it, I believe in you.
    Why thank you

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Ignore your family. It's untrue.

Trust me.
    I will try to

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: :zomg: :zomg: ARE YOU ME? That is exactly me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd date you
    I don't see anything wrong and you come across as a lovely young lady already

ReputationRep:
    Yea i know and i try not but its a struggle tbh. Maybe so,
    Aww
    Aw why? I did what i had to. And thank you for the kind words.
    Yh. It is probably a struggle. Just know that there are people out here who care about you even though we don't know you.

You will, you will. I am sure of it. And you seem to already be making steps to deal with your lack of socialness (not a word i dont think). A lot of people have social awkwardness so we all understand.

Maybe you felt you had to, but you could have just ignored it or turned a blind eye etc. So many other options you know.

You are welcome ☺

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what is a date like I've never had one? Also never had a girlfriend though, so I'm only good for support in this situation. But still good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you're not happy with yourself, don't look for a relationship. Focus on yourself and being comfortable in your own skin first, that's more important.

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    I'd date you
    I don't see anything wrong and you come across as a lovely young lady already
    Aw and thats sweet of ya to say.

(Original post by queenofswords)
    :zomg: :zomg: :zomg: ARE YOU ME? That is exactly me.
    Hah why you the same??
    (Original post by starfab)
    Yh. It is probably a struggle. Just know that there are people out here who care about you even though we don't know you.

You will, you will. I am sure of it. And you seem to already be making steps to deal with your lack of socialness (not a word i dont think). A lot of people have social awkwardness so we all understand.

Maybe you felt you had to, but you could have just ignored it or turned a blind eye etc. So many other options you know.

You are welcome ☺
    Thank you for the kind and encouraging words and true i could of ignored it but i didnt. And dont worry about making up your own words i do that alot.

(Original post by Demonlover1)
    Exactly what is a date like I've never had one? Also never had a girlfriend though, so I'm only good for support in this situation. But still good luck
    Hah same here but with a boyfriend and thank you, good luck to you too.

(Original post by Lord Samosa)
    If you're not happy with yourself, don't look for a relationship. Focus on yourself and being comfortable in your own skin first, that's more important.
    That might be true point there.

ReputationRep:
    Would you date a slightly social awkward person who has a lot of "baggage" due to her past, and suffers with really low moods (which is due to the bad situation she lives in)and who is shy but once you get to know her she is quite talkative.

She is like 5'3/5'4 and has what most would say is a lovely personality and who thinks she is ugly but every one tells her she aint and that she is good looking.

Guys would ya??
    Lol, this is currently my gf I swear.

ReputationRep:
    P.s I would totally date you but I doubt that you live in England, so huh

ReputationRep:
    Well.. from my experience I find that two people in the more negative side of things will repel each other. Unless both of us can be understanding of each other, you'd need someone who isn't so similar to you.

(Original post by JBlinko)
    Lol, this is currently my gf I swear.
    Really?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.