The University of Sheffield - Medicine 2017 Entry Watch

Hutch28
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mcdcph)
That's brilliant news! Would you mind linking me to the page so I can have a read? Thanks 😊
The page has the process of what they do with our applications and the dates

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine...ng/whathappens
erinls2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an interview invite for Sheffield on Friday! It's on 8th December at 2:30pm
Supportivemum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by erinls2)
I got an interview invite for Sheffield on Friday! It's on 8th December at 2:30pm
Please can I ask what your UKCAT score was? Also, huge congratulations on the interview.
erinls2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Supportivemum)
Please can I ask what your UKCAT score was? Also, huge congratulations on the interview.
My score was 2140 (average 713) with band 1 (though I don't think that matters) - and thank you!
Jam Jam24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
4 more days left of sending out interviews. There is still some hope !!!
Dec1307
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just got invited to interview but my date is January 27th, why have they given me so much notice? Does this put me at a disadvantage because my interview is so much later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
studentsixth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dec1307)
I just got invited to interview but my date is January 27th, why have they given me so much notice? Does this put me at a disadvantage because my interview is so much later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand why you think it would considering most of the Sheffield dates are between 26-31st January (with 5 dates in Nov/December).
Dec1307
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just a bit of a worrier mate haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jam Jam24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Woooo interview on Jan 30
SeanDR7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats to everyone. I also received the good news today. I have it the 30th of January at 9:30AM. I suppose I will have to fly over from Spain the weekend prior to my interview.

Good luck.
HiraMunawar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an interview for 30th November, glad I got it but so soon compared to 30th Jan
aayushrai
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I easily passed the UKCAT cut-off but haven't received an interview yet. Could it be because I am an applicant from Singapore and they take Singapore-Malaysia interviews in Jan, so perhaps send out the invites later? Any other applicants from Singapore/Malaysia?
Hutch28
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aayushrai)
I easily passed the UKCAT cut-off but haven't received an interview yet. Could it be because I am an applicant from Singapore and they take Singapore-Malaysia interviews in Jan, so perhaps send out the invites later? Any other applicants from Singapore/Malaysia?
I'm a home student but have still received an email for an interview even though it's at the end of January.

The website says successful applicants will receive notification by the 18th and makes no comment about this being different for international students so I suggest you get in contact with them since you should've heard something by now.
aayushrai
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hutch28)
I'm a home student but have still received an email for an interview even though it's at the end of January.

The website says successful applicants will receive notification by the 18th and makes no comment about this being different for international students so I suggest you get in contact with them since you should've heard something by now.
You're right but I talked to an applicant who had applied last year and even he'd heard after their timelines because apparently, since interviews are held in Singapore/Malaysia for us, they compile a separate list, which takes a while. I'm just really paranoid about this. I've sent them an e-mail and hope they reply quickly.
Hutch28
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aayushrai)
You're right but I talked to an applicant who had applied last year and even he'd heard after their timelines because apparently, since interviews are held in Singapore/Malaysia for us, they compile a separate list, which takes a while. I'm just really paranoid about this. I've sent them an e-mail and hope they reply quickly.
Unfortunately there's not much else you can do now but wait.

Hopefully you hear back soon and good luck!
aayushrai
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately there's not much else you can do now but wait.

Hopefully you hear back soon and good luck!
Yeah but the wait is really frustrating
Thank you Good luck for your interview!
alohaha
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I'm from Malaysia and I just received the invitation for the interview earlier today. Don't worry buddy, I'm pretty sure you gonna get it soon. Best of luck!
aayushrai
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alohaha)
I'm from Malaysia and I just received the invitation for the interview earlier today. Don't worry buddy, I'm pretty sure you gonna get it soon. Best of luck!
Yeah I got it a few hours ago Good luck to you too!
HiraMunawar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My interview is tomorrow, so worried
The_Dragon_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HiraMunawar)
My interview is tomorrow, so worried
good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (158)
13.3%
Excited (106)
8.92%
Worried (217)
18.27%
Terrified (277)
23.32%
Meh (94)
7.91%
Confused (32)
2.69%