Turn on thread page Beta

Should I ask this girl out? watch

She actually replied but didn't answer the question. She told me about a social that the sociey was having next week but she doesn't think she'll be going. I don't know if she was just very naive and didn't realise what I was asking or not. The message I sent her was basically " I don't suppose you'd want to go for a drink or meal sometime?" Do you think that was her way of saying no or didn't she realise what I was asking? Do you think I should reply and what do you think I should say?

ReputationRep:
    You should reply by asking the question point blank. Something like "no I meant just us two going for drinks". At least I would say that and have clear answer yes or no, I mean if u turn back now the situation will become even more awkward.

ReputationRep:
    And yeah best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Now she's actually read the message and still no response. It's not looking good now
    Well, it seems to me that she might be thinking of a friendly reply, or trying to make her mind up whether to go on a date with you or not. To be frank, you barely know her; you're just extremely infatuated; this isn't love and won't yield much good (unless you just want a casual hook-up, which is totally purposeless). I would've gotten to know her first! Give it time, kid.

(Original post by Za_Warudo420)
    You should reply by asking the question point blank. Something like "no I meant just us two going for drinks". At least I would say that and have clear answer yes or no, I mean if u turn back now the situation will become even more awkward.
    Thanks for the advice, I guess I just don't really know if someone can me naive enough to not realise I was asking from the message I sent. I think this is her way of saying no without a tually needing to say no if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, I guess I just don't really know if someone can me naive enough to not realise I was asking from the message I sent. I think this is her way of saying no without a tually needing to say no if that makes sense
    Or you could try making it clear to her one last time that you really just want to hang with the two of you? I can't guarantee it'll work as she seems somewhat stubborn. Anyhow, I'm really sorry if the whole thing felt awkward; I feel for you! That's life. You'll eventually get over it, and don't beat yourself up, or feel miserable, because your bravery is truly admirable! :cool:

(Try again in the next few months if you still liker her, but you should ask her out in person instead).

Yeah my friend recommended mentioning a new restaurant that I've heard she likes to her and asking if she wants to go sometime with me and then just saying if not then I hope to see her at the social. How does that sound?

One of the things stopping me from mentioning the restaurant is that if she says no then I would assume things would be awkward between us at the society and I don't want that. What are people's opinions?

If she says no, who cares move on.
    It's not a make it or break it situation XD you can still talk to her and be friends with her at the social. If you were asking me and I said no, I would not feel awkward at all about still talking to you at the social.

Just ask her about the restaurant and say that you'd like to get to know her better.

I'm a girl and I've asked plenty of guys out for coffee (in a non-romantic way) and none of them have said no. And if they did, I would not care???

If she says no, who cares move on.
    It's not a make it or break it situation XD you can still talk to her and be friends with her at the social. If you were asking me and I said no, I would not feel awkward at all about still talking to you at the social.

Just ask her about the restaurant and say that you'd like to get to know her better.

I'm a girl and I've asked plenty of guys out for coffee (in a non-romantic way) and none of them have said no. And if they did, I would not care???
    Thanks for the advice, I just don't want to seem pushy and I guess since I've never done this before I don't really know what to do or what to think and I tend to overthink everything anyway so this is a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, I just don't want to seem pushy and I guess since I've never done this before I don't really know what to do or what to think and I tend to overthink everything anyway so this is a nightmare.
    Just say would you like to go with me for something to eat or drink would be nice to get to know you, if you arent busy.
    Then make out that its cool if she cant go with you.
    Then again you dont know her well enough so if she does reject you dont be upset.

(Original post by chikane)
    Just say would you like to go with me for something to eat or drink would be nice to get to know you, if you arent busy.
    Then make out that its cool if she cant go with you.
    Then again you dont know her well enough so if she does reject you dont be upset.
    Thanks, I'm thinking about just mentioning a restaurant I think she might like and asking if she wants to go with me sometime but then just say if she doesn't then I'll just see her at the society next week. How does that sound?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm thinking about just mentioning a restaurant I think she might like and asking if she wants to go with me sometime but then just say if she doesn't then I'll just see her at the society next week. How does that sound?
    Sounds good and she wont feel pressured which is good let us know what she says

ReputationRep:
    I am quite shy and socially awkward and I'm in my second year of uni and have recently joined a society. In the society I met this girl that I like. We have only spoken a few times and only had 2 long conversations but shes really nice and we seem to get on but she seems to get on with everyone. I have added her on facebook but haven't spoken to her on it. Anyway the society is having a social tonight and I was thinking of asking her if she wants to go for a drink or a meal sometime but I'm not sure. Do you think I should ask her out or do you think I should get to know her better first?
    I saw that you asked her out, and her reply. Don't worry. Firstly you have done so letting really scary and asked her out. Well done.

I also found a girl I like, and I'm too afraid to ask her out. But today I met this girl. She has a BF. And she said how he asked her three or four times out before she said yes.

So give it one more try. If she says no, let her go. You have been very brace asking her out

ReputationRep:
    keep us updated!

She just replied and she basically said no

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I should ask her out or do you think I should get to know her better first?[/QUOTE]

Well, asking her out would be a way to get to know her. I think you should just go for it!

ReputationRep:
    She just replied and she basically said no
    What exactly did she say? Her loss if she doesn't want to get to know you but maybe she doesn't want a relationship so its good you knew now instead of months later.

(Original post by chikane)
    What exactly did she say? Her loss if she doesn't want to get to know you but maybe she doesn't want a relationship so its good you knew now instead of months later.
    She said "yeah the restaurant is really nice you should try it out but I'll just see you at the society next week"

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that really is unfortunate! So, it didn't work out this time. It will, with someone in the future.... don't get discouraged. We've all been turned down or, as a girl, not asked. Congratulations though..... you've gotten your feet wet and asking the next girl won't be as difficult. You don't know what is going on for her.... she might be shy, she might interested in someone else (tbh), or she just might not be interested in dating at all at this point - who knows; but good for you for stepping outside your comfort zone and asking. As far as being awkward at the society just walk in like you normally ever would.... you might have to do a bit of acting.....but literally just be yourself and very quickly the awkwardness will fade away. Don't act uncomfortable! Best of Luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.