Turn on thread page Beta

Breaking: Anti trump riots have begun watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    And yet it's only the Trumpists who are considered to be nutters when they call for Hillary to be locked up or shot
    Can you differentiate between someone making a joke, and someone being serious?

I'm guessing not.

Plus, I didn't even support Hilary either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Can you differentiate between someone making a joke, and someone being serious?

I'm guessing not.

Plus, I didn't even support Hilary either.
    No, because I had no reason to suspect that you were joking. If you write something like this:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I pick the latter lol.
    It's impossible for someone who doesn't know your political views to know whether the "lol" and the full stop was sarcasm or just internet-speak that emphasises how you're actually being serious. If you want to dazzle us with your humour, do it more obviously.

Spoiler:
    Show

I supported Hillary
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    No, because I had no reason to suspect that you were joking. If you write something like this:

It's impossible for someone who doesn't know your political views to know whether the "lol" and the full stop was sarcasm or just internet-speak that emphasises how you're actually being serious. If you want to dazzle us with your humour, do it more obviously.

Spoiler:
    Show

I supported Hillary

How about no? I do what I want, I won't make it more obvious, just for you.

I was clearly joking, seriously, why on Earth would I advocate killing someone, just because I didn't agree with them, Jesus Christ!

ReputationRep:
    ..and these kids call themselves 'Democrats' :laugh:

#BrexitPlusPlusPlus

ReputationRep:
    They have the right to protest as much as they want but the fact is that Donald Trump will become President of the United States since he won the election. If any of the protesters resort to violence, then they should, of course, be arrested.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.