I got called ugly for the first time Watch

Zeus007
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm afraid you really need to toughen up sweety. I've seen people called ugly to their face back when i was in secondary school and other horrible names as well. That's life for you, you can't let other people bother you like that. If anything it allows you to avoid such disgusting and judgemental people, see it as a positive thing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PrinceHarrys)
Sometimes guys call girls who are fit as **** ugly, its a pickup technique called "negging"
whats negging?
RossB1702
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Peoples opinions vary. My friend thinks that Emma Stone and Evangeline lily are ugly. He's living in an imaginary world; he acts like when he grows up he's gonna be pulling girls like Kate Upton and Margot Robbie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2885068
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jesus... so much saltiness here... She was concerned, she wanted to get it off her chest, why can't people just be ****ing nice
Trevish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because she was simply too dramatic

Posted from TSR Mobile
PrinceHarrys
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
whats negging?
Negging is a rhetorical strategy whereby a person makes a deliberate backhanded compliment or otherwise insulting remark to another person in order to undermine their confidence in a way that gains approval. The term was coined and prescribed by the pickup artist community.
PrincessBO$$
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is the most attractive thing according to some deluded teenage girls right?
http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...lie-Jenner.jpg

This is her without make up and in a bad camera angle
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jSn2e_invEM/maxresdefault.jpg

CONCLUSION NO ONE IS PERFECT!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Maybe it was just a bad picture? Or maybe you're just not his type, even the most attractive girl is average though someone else's eyes. Bear in mind makeup generally doesn't show well in pictures, unless you cake it on...which would look nice in pictures and videos but horrific in real life. A picture alone isn't enough to determine whether somone is attractive or not.
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
u feel like crying just bc he called u ugly?
his opinion doesn't matter
newttella
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive always been called attractive so this is the first time ive been called ugly. so my friend sent a guy a picture of my trying to set me up -_- and he replied 'err' implying that i was ugly. then he said its because im not wearing makeup (i was wearing it, but minimal) this has made me think do i need to wear more makeup in real life :cry:

this is the first time this has happened. its made me wonder if i really i am ugly and everyone just lies to me to my face.

guys never call a girl ugly it shoots their self confidence down to 0
Please, you have never thought someone was unattractive before?

People can think what they want to think. Everyone has different opinions. Do you really think one guy thinking something means everyone will think that.

I've been called ugly before, and I've been called ****ing beautiful before.

People have different opinions. Do not be sad about it. NO ONE is perfect. And no one is beautiful to everyone.
Zeus007
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PrincessBO$$)
This is the most attractive thing according to some deluded teenage girls right?
http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...lie-Jenner.jpg

This is her without make up and in a bad camera angle
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jSn2e_invEM/maxresdefault.jpg

CONCLUSION NO ONE IS PERFECT!
"how dare u insult da queen of this wrld KYLIE ure da ugly one, her lipsticks are da best in the wrld, u troll"

On a serious note i love this post, i wish i could give a million reps to your post.
sfaraj
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ok i feel like i need to give a story time

basically ive always been a fat girl with acne right? i used to go to arabic school with these guys who thought they were it but they deffo aren't

anyway one of them called me a stupid fat b**** the other said i was ugly, another told my friend that nobody wants me there, that time i was young, 12-14 say. and these 15-16/17 year olds thought is was okay to give me comments like that then felt guilty when i got upset (make up your minds boys, am i ugly and fat or nah geez) anyway:

i wouldn't self harm because i was scared of it because i knew it was wrong but i would pinch myself or draw a sharp ruler or compass across my wrists-not self harm

and then I would fast for daayyysss until i got compliments from adults telling me i lost weight. not a nice feeling that it seems as if i was fat in everyones eyes from day 1

after that i couldn't fast since the days were too long so i gained my weight back im a 14/16 and im 16 years old, stereotypically i should be a 10-12 but screw stereotypes and now i have grown to love my love handles and puppy (more like doggy >.<)fat aha. and if i ever want to lose weight i will do it for my damn happiness not for your eyes. i dont need to look like those saved kylie jenner pictures on boys' instagrams, not imma be a honey boo boo child if i wanted to and nobody can tell me no.

mind you those guys weren't a splitting image of channing tatum anyway so they aren't one to judge

what im trying to say is that if this guy doesn't like you with minimal makeup he doesn't deserve you with or without makeup. if we think into the future you partner should called you beautiful with/out makeup cos one day, makeup will come off and he better love whats underneath

i agree calling a gal ugly knocks your self-esteem down. been there done that but you know what? you gotta build that self-esteem again like trump is gonna build that wall you know? aha
i noticed you're on anon, if you ever want to talk pop up- im not one to judge

plus im 100% you are beautiful we all are, i think if you want to feel better about yourself sit infront of a mirror and stare at your face. may seem weird but just look and pick out your best features i sit and go well my acnes gone down, my eyes get compliments, my hairs alright, i weigh less.

and if you find flaws dont sit there and feel glum, get up and go ok how am i going to fix this?

and once you feel happy and beautiful in your own skin, you will look beautiful to everyone else. show that guy what he just missed out on

and if you want to wear make up, go ahead, its an art, not a rubber to erase flaws, just enhances your beauty doesnt matter what you put on, make up if just using your skin as a black and white canvas, and just adding in the colour

Spoiler:
Show

i hope i gave good advice- im not always good when it comes to these things but when its something im passionate about im a bit better
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
start wearing make up... lots of it!
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://youtu.be/8jhcxOhIMAQ
"You are all beautiful just the way you are" my fave line.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.51%
Excited (165)
9.38%
Worried (308)
17.51%
Terrified (388)
22.06%
Meh (180)
10.23%
Confused (38)
2.16%
Putting on a brave face (243)
13.81%
Impatient (217)
12.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise