Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Poorer Americans aren't happy with the way the current government seems to constantly ignore and beat them down, so they've voted for a maniac with one giant middle finger.
    I realise that the phrasing here makes it sound like Donald Trump has one giant middle finger. This is, in fact, false given the tininess of his hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    yet the majority voted for him?
    Loooooool no they didn't, more people voted for Hillary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They're too uneducated to understand
    At one point Trump literally said 'I love the poorly educated' :lol:

ReputationRep:
    He's racist, a bigamist, Islamophobic, xenophobic, anti-semitist, homophobic and more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WrenLazarus)
    He's racist, a bigamist, Islamophobic, xenophobic, anti-semitist, homophobic and more.
    His wife (the third one) is a foreigner. I didn't know that he was antisemitic. Regarding homosexuality, he is quite tolerant of it for a Republican. Nothing wrong with Islamophobia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    His wife (the third one) is a foreigner. I didn't know that he was antisemitic. Regarding homosexuality, he is quite tolerant of it for a Republican. Nothing wrong with Islamophobia.
    "Nothing wrong with Islamophobia".

Please explain.

Muslims are people - normal people. And deserve to be treated with respect.

"According to the FBI, 94% of terrorist attacks carried out in the United States from 1980 to 2005 have been by non-Muslims."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    He also wants to make LGBT persons go through "Christian" conversions and therapy- eventhough its been outlawed and been proven to cause depression and that it doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    "Nothing wrong with Islamophobia".

Please explain.

Muslims are people - normal people. And deserve to be treated with respect.
    And Islam is an ideology. Nothing wrong with hating an ideology.

"According to the FBI, 94% of terrorist attacks carried out in the United States from 1980 to 2005 have been by non-Muslims."
    And how many people have been killed by Muslim terrorists since 2000 compared to non-Muslim terrorists?

Tell me how IRA, ETA, or Breivik have been called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    And Islam is an ideology. Nothing wrong with hating an ideology.

And how many people have been killed by Muslim terrorists since 2000 compared to non-Muslim terrorists?

Tell me how IRA, ETA, or Breivik have been called?

1. Do you hate all religions that way then? All major, and minor, religions have contributed to terrorism.

2. Actually, statistically, way less than non-muslims. (Would you like links?).

3. They where labeled "Extremists, with extreme beliefs"- not terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Trump does not even meet basic standards of human decency.

ReputationRep:
    1. Do you hate all religions that way then? All major, and minor, religions have contributed to terrorism.
    I dislike religions yes, but only one major religion is currently a major threat.

In the USA? I would love to see that link.

No, they were not. You are being dishonest. The IRA and ETA are on the Foreign Terrorist Organizations list by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    i dont understand why so many people hate him, yet the majority voted for him? I dont understand that
    he did not win the majority of nearly 350 million USA voters

he won the majority of only 538 electoral votes by a margin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He has groped women, insulted women for not being good enough to sexually attract, he treats women nothing more than sex objects, he has had 12 cases of sexual assault filed against him, has a pending rape trial, wants to get rid of muslims, wants to torture the LGBTQ+ community, is racist, women are scared to wear hijabs seeing thats he's won. Now the question is whats right with him?
    so why do people still vote for him then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I dislike religions yes, but only one major religion is currently a major threat.

In the USA? I would love to see that link.

No, they were not. You are being dishonest. The IRA and ETA are on the Foreign Terrorist Organizations list by the way.

I'm talking internationally. Not everything revolves around the USA. And no it's not the only major religon of which is a threat - Christianity is also a MAJOR threat. From shootings, to cults and to mass killings. Just because you don't see Christianity in the media, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Furthermore, between "82-and-97% of Muslims are victim to Terrorist attacks". http://www.globalresearch.ca/muslims...rnment/5516565

https://encounteringislam.org/misconceptions

http://www.juancole.com/2013/04/isla...terrorism.html

http://www.reviewofreligions.org/151...ion-of-terror/

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking internationally. Not everything revolves around the USA. And no it's not the only major religon of which is a threat - Christianity is also a MAJOR threat. From shootings, to cults and to mass killings. Just because you don't see Christianity in the media, doesn't mean it's not happening.X
    This is a thread about the USA and we don't live in the Third World. I know that people of any religious background kill each other in backwards countries.

I was asking the number of victims of terrorism -- not some vague and undefined "terrorist attacks" (which can be a trash set on fire) -- in the West, or the USA. It's obvious that with 9/11 alone, Muslim terrorism is miles above the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Yeah, cause if the result had been the other way round, Trump's fanatical and nationalist gun-loving supporters who wanted Clinton in jail would have totally accepted it and had no problem with it wouldn't they :rolleyes:

The stakes are high for a lot of people and whichever way it goes, the losers are going to be unhappy, it's got nothing to do with whether you're a 'leftie' or a 'rightie', tbh I think the backlash would have been far worse and possibly more violent had Clinton won.
    Yeah if Clinton had won Trump would have reacted VERY badly!

ReputationRep:
    He could potentially set back international cooperation over anthropogenic climate change by a decade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    he did not win the majority of nearly 350 million USA voters

he won the majority of only 538electoral votes by a margin
    I am very very upset Hillary lost

ReputationRep:

People like you don't seem to get that there are millions of people that despise what Islam stands for.

If you started up a cult in which multiple marriages was ok, child marriages was ok, killing anyone who disagreed with your ideals was ok and treating women as possessions was ok then I'm pretty sure in most civilised countries the followers of that cult would be imprisoned and the cult banned.

Not every Muslim is like that but their religion allows and encourages them to be if they want to. It is a sick perverted religion!

ReputationRep:
    The elitists of the world are losing their hold over people and are beginning to panic just like with Brexit and the left are furious but nobody has given him a chance? How do we know what type of president he will be everybody is condemning the guy before he's even started doing the job.

Move along.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2016
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.