Turn on thread page Beta

Seriously, what do you think Trump will do? Why are you scared? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    It's just anti-democratic cucks that didn't get what they wanted so they're crying.

You do realise more people voted for Hillary overall?

ReputationRep:
    Really concerned about the environmental side of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    You do realise that voting systems don't always run by most votes by individuals = win? It's called the Electoral College system in the USA where the winner is the one with the most support from states, not just individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Why do these two matter? I googled 'spirit cooking' and it's something done by a performance artist, not related to satanism at all. Secondly tho does satanism not just class as another religion?
    Call it whatever you want but I know I wouldn't want somebody in charge of my country with links to rituals where menstrual blood, breast milk, urine and sperm are used to create a “painting”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfL5KwUuvMc

Name:  ok.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  202.8 KB

Performance art is just what they call it to get away with it in public. God Knows what they do in private.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that voting systems don't always run by most votes = win?
    Yes, I know. I just find it ironic when people make comments like yours, yet if it US system was proportional (the most democratic), Hillary would have won. So yes, people are allowed to complain. Even so, it's undemocratic to silence people.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know. I just find it ironic when people make comments like yours, yet if it US system was proportional (the most democratic), Hillary would have won. So yes, people are allowed to complain. Even so, it's undemocratic to silence people.
    I just find it ironic when people throw their toys out of the pram when they didn't get the result they wanted - so the vocal minority take to social media to spit out their dummy and demand a second election (referendum) and swear that the polls were rigged and go on marches that are literally directly against democracy because they only want another chance to get the result they want - which is definitely not democratic.

ReputationRep:
    I just find it ironic when people throw their toys out of the pram when they didn't get the result they wanted - so the vocal minority take to social media to spit out their dummy and demand a second election (referendum) and swear that the polls were rigged and go on marches that are literally directly against democracy because they only want another chance to get the result they want - which is definitely not democratic.
    Lol what are you talking about? You're being overly emotional. No one claimed the election is rigged... And what's wrong with protests? I don't think anyone us calling for another election, at least not seriously. People are allowed to complain about election results, government polices etc. That's how things change, by talking about it, demonstrating. Honestly, I see people moaning about others moaning just as much as I see people actually complaining.

all am saying is we have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    Would you be complaining if Killary won but Trump got the most votes? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #chaoskass)
    would you be complaining if killary won but trump got the most votes? I don't think so.
    omg i love this please can i steal it from you yes okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    Would you be complaining if Killary won but Trump got the most votes? I don't think so.
    No, but Trump supporters would be saying the election is rigged. I didn't like either candidate; both are awful

ReputationRep:
    One might almost think that New York and California - The two most populated States - Were overwhelmingly liberal and that the Founding Fathers of America set up the electoral college specifically to prevent the "Tyranny of the Masses".

The left hated Bush and Trump. The right hated Clinton and Obama. A much better answer would be to decentralize power back to the States rather than continue to gather federal power.

ReputationRep:
    i think the candidates were equally bad this year, both were manipulative liars who spent more time calling each other names than campaigning.

i feel like trump was voted for because he was out there and had that personality that people preferred, like he had rallys and met people but others didnt do those sort of stuff. also recently a lot of tension has grown between religion and races what with black lives matter, isis etc. so since america is more white than mixed and multicultural, trump was bound to win. it was like 60:40 chance trump would win. trump was more out there than hilary. but i dont agree with any of his beliefs for obvious reasons but i could see it coming

i dont know much about the clintons but from what i read, she and her husband were just as bad as trump. i dont know much of her plans only because she didnt mention them as much.

honestly the pair of them spent more time bickering and throwing insults, a 4 year old would probably be a better president.

qotp) who do you think will run in 2020 and who would win. do you think kanye is running?

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 593816

But...misinformation is the dirty currency of democracy. Some of media are just puppets of some lobby groups. Those people are fools....they got brainwashed. :-)

Name:  1478738795864.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  38.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They aren't really "scared" at all.

They are just upset to see the politically correct establishment crumble. They are so used to having it there to support them. They are just pretending to be victims again because it's what they know works for them in this effeminate safe space society.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...hy_trump_is_a/

I am quite worried that there will no longer be a separation of state and religion seeing as congress is majority republican and he plans on putting in more conservatives.
    It's the things like not believing in climate change, teaching creationism in schools, overturning same sex marriage, overturning roe v wade that people have legit fear about.

Conservatives in America have always had a history of mixing their religious beliefs with legislation and the only reason I had respect for America was the was the separation of church and state.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think allot will happen, that wall is not going to go up over night and he's already taken the whole banning muslims thing off his website. Tbh he never really had a plan of execution on anything he said so i doubt anything will really happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    I am quite worried that there will no longer be a separation of state and religion seeing as congress is majority republican and he plans on putting in more conservatives.
    It's the things like not believing in climate change, teaching creationism in schools, overturning same sex marriage, overturning roe v wade that people have legit fear about.

Conservatives in America have always had a history of mixing their religious beliefs with legislation and the only reason I had respect for America was the was the separation of church and state.
    He has never shown much interest in bedroom politics and has been elected on an economic platform and with a much harder "clean up Washington" agenda. Many potential members of his administration are obsessed with bedroom politics. Trump has to make a choice about whether he tries to drive forward his agenda or gets bogged down in bedroom politics fights.

Much will depend on his first Supreme Court choice. The Senate will obsess about the candidate's views on abortion but really much more important is the extent to which he or she is an dogmatic originalist like Scalia or someone who closes down the debates of the past by a firm adherence to precedent.

ReputationRep:
    I think not very much. He is a stunt president who has already far exceeded what was ever the limit of his political expectation and likely even his political ambition. My suspicion then is that he will be there to glad-hand and sign the cheques, with the day to day left to a Kennedy School mandarin class of Washington careerists.

That anyway is what I hope.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.