The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
serious narb
you mean there are bigger freaks than some of the people on here?

F***ing hell :eek: :biggrin:

It's scary out there.
serious narb

LMFAO

that was funny
serious narb

Easy now.
_tobi_coker07_
I don't know why you have to give your mobile number to complete strangers that you have never seen before :confused:

I text two people who I don't know from Eve - but they're cool.

The key is builiding up trust.
Adhsur
Huh? when did I say I gave them it?

Adhsur
...and practically all of them talk in text speak as well as be total dropouts from school.
Reply 25
mobbdeeprob
I text two people who I don't know from Eve - but they're cool.

Trust is easy to fake...
mobbdeeprob

Building up trust for what? :eek: :rolleyes:
Nik P
Trust is easy to fake...

True, I wouldn't dispute that. But I'm pretty sure these two girls aren't dirty 50-year-old men.

Having said this, in 99.9% of scenarios - I wouldn't recommend giving out personal details. Especially if you're a girl.
Fleff

It would help if you read the whole thread before you asked that question!
Fleff

Casual sex. :rolleyes:

Thanks for misconstruing that. :biggrin:
Reply 30
_tobi_coker07_

I meant on MSN they talk in text speak.
Adhsur
I meant on MSN they talk in text speak.

you should have said!!!!!!
Reply 32
People I've met elsewhere on the net tend to be alright :smile:. I've made some very good friends online (No I'm not a sad freak before the accusations start).
But then again I did get asked for my measurements when I was playing Star Wars: Galaxies last night :eek:
Reply 33
Adhsur
:eek: No I did not accept the pictures!

wtf why?
Adhsur
Ok ok don't get me wrong, there are some weirdos here as well.

But just for experiment sake, I thought I'd add some people beyond UKL to my msn list (from chatrooms, faceparty etc).

So far, 2 of them have tried sending me naked pics of themselves, another tried sending me a virus, 1 asked me for my phone number and practically all of them talk in text speak as well as be total dropouts from school. I spoke to about 6 people in total over the past few days.

It really makes me appreciate the somewhat more dignified community we have on UKL!!

We're an elite group aren't we? :cool:

Having said that I've come across plenty of decent people online outside of UKL, a few from faceparty included. Perhaps it was just bad luck? Best people are those who have profiles and most of them don't use chatrooms that much, in my experience.
Reply 35
Adhsur
Ok ok don't get me wrong, there are some weirdos here as well.

But just for experiment sake, I thought I'd add some people beyond UKL to my msn list (from chatrooms, faceparty etc).

So far, 2 of them have tried sending me naked pics of themselves, another tried sending me a virus, 1 asked me for my phone number and practically all of them talk in text speak as well as be total dropouts from school. I spoke to about 6 people in total over the past few days.

It really makes me appreciate the somewhat more dignified community we have on UKL!!

Yeah, i agree outside UKL there are loads of rude and sad people that can't type one straight sentence i have blocked something in the region of 40 thus far.
zazy
Yeah, i agree outside UKL there are loads of rude and sad people that can't type one straight sentence i have blocked something in the region of 40 thus far.

There are some of those people you have described above that are inside UKL!
Reply 37
You took the words straight out of my metaphorical mouth :biggrin:
Well, I a couple of contacts from outside of UKL, some of which are really good, but some are just too weird and freaky.
Adhsur
It's scary out there.

I know, I have found the nicest people are on UKL. 55 contacts are testiment to that fact.

Latest

Trending

Trending