My First Rejection Watch

Drunq
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
With that GCSE profile, which isn't by any means shabby but isn't stellar either, these university choices for Law are unusual - they are all highly highly competitive and I suspect you could end up with only one offer: the one from Kent. I'm surprised you weren't advised to perhaps put another one or two more achievable universities down. That said, GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, so hopefully you were predicted good A level results which will help. Good luck.
I agree, looking back I could have made a change to my choices. However, It is quite frustrating that my GCSEs are limiting these choices even when achieving AAA at AS level.
ray_029
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
With that GCSE profile, which isn't by any means shabby but isn't stellar either, these university choices for Law are unusual - they are all highly highly competitive and I suspect you could end up with only one offer: the one from Kent. I'm surprised you weren't advised to perhaps put another one or two more achievable universities down. That said, GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, so hopefully you were predicted good A level results which will help. Good luck.
I was thinking the same thing... as in i know oxford want at least 7a*s unless u had very mitigating circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Drunq)
I agree, looking back I could have made a change to my choices. However, It is quite frustrating that my GCSEs are limiting these choices even when achieving AAA at AS level.
Yes, indeed - it does seem awfully unfair. Let's hope that you get at least one more offer. If the worst came to the worst and you were really unhappy with your offers this year, would you consider taking a gap year and reapplying next year? I imagine with the A level results in the bag rather than as predictions, you'd be in a much stronger position.
Drunq
Rep:
?
Yes, indeed - it does seem awfully unfair. Let's hope that you get at least one more offer. If the worst came to the worst and you were really unhappy with your offers this year, would you consider taking a gap year and reapplying next year? I imagine with the A level results in the bag rather than as predictions, you'd be in a much stronger position.
Yes! This was the plan, I'd get the grades this year for my a-levels and just take a gap year and have my a-levels in the bag. It still comes up with the problem that I wont have the gcses for top unis. I might as well apply for Cambridge next year If I don't get any more offers.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Drunq)
Yes! This was the plan, I'd get the grades this year for my a-levels and just take a gap year and have my a-levels in the bag. It still comes up with the problem that I wont have the gcses for top unis. I might as well apply for Cambridge next year If I don't get any more offers.
Yes, the GCSEs still stand, but imagine how strong a position you'd be in applying with A*/A*/A or something (dream big!).

Cambridge is brilliant for Law, but then I would say that. Much better than shabby old Oxford.
Drunq
Rep:
?
Yes, the GCSEs still stand, but imagine how strong a position you'd be in applying with A*/A*/A or something (dream big!).

Cambridge is brilliant for Law, but then I would say that. Much better than shabby old Oxford.
> go big or go home
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Drunq)
> go big or go home
Precisely.
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
i thought it was injection instead of rejection
c_english2017
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Law anywhere is pretty tough competition anyway
Especially for unis like Cambridge, Oxford, LSE a lot of applicants are going to have perfect all A* GCSEs and 4As at AS so not-as-good GCSEs might disadvantage you...
Doesn't mean you have no chance elsewhere though, it's just that those three unis are quite GCSE heavy (as well as everything else-_-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads