Turn on thread page Beta

Why do/don't you wear make up? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    I don't wear alot i wear eyeliner and lip gloss if necessary. why? lol because I'm ugly af
    You're certainly not "ugly af".
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I can't go out without it :laugh:

I only bother with foundation and stuff like that on special occasions, nights out etc because I'm lazy and have no money, but I do wear eyeliner and mascara everyday. I have this rare eye thing called Marcus Gunn syndrome, so have a bit of a lazy eye as a result, and it just makes my eyes look more even. It started as an art thing, but I ended up feeling less confident without it so I do wear it whenever I leave the house or will be around people. In the past few years, I've only been out twice without it and that was to the doctors and the hospital the other week when I had an asthma attack and a chest infection :laugh:

Ooh, I do wear lipstick as well when I go out, as long as I'm not just popping out for a few minutes. That's just because I really like lipstick though. I love all the different colours. So pretty :love:

ReputationRep:
    I wear makeup almost every day.
    Just love doing it and feel interesting to change the colour of my lips or create another style,lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You're certainly not "ugly af".
    The power of makeup my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I can't go out without it :laugh:

I only bother with foundation and stuff like that on special occasions, nights out etc because I'm lazy and have no money, but I do wear eyeliner and mascara everyday. I have this rare eye thing called Marcus Gunn syndrome, so have a bit of a lazy eye as a result, and it just makes my eyes look more even. It started as an art thing, but I ended up feeling less confident without it so I do wear it whenever I leave the house or will be around people. In the past few years, I've only been out twice without it and that was to the doctors and the hospital the other week when I had an asthma attack and a chest infection :laugh:

Ooh, I do wear lipstick as well when I go out, as long as I'm not just popping out for a few minutes. That's just because I really like lipstick though. I love all the different colours. So pretty :love:
    Can't agree more.
    Once you started to wear makeup, you can't go out without it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Grace_Cong1998)
    Can't agree more.
    Once you started to wear makeup, you can't go out without it
    Isn't that a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make up as I can't be bothered with it. I'm also rubbish at applying it, and would probably make myself look worse not better

ReputationRep:
    because i watched too much drag race

ReputationRep:
    I wear makeup because It makes me feel confident and much better tbh. I wear it every day it's a part of me now.

Makeup is the reason why I wake up, I love all the colours and I do it first thing in the morning ♡

I'd also like to pursue a career in the makeup/media industry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Do you wear make up? Why? Do you wear it for yourself or others? Does it help confidence, or do you wear it more because you like the art side of it? Or why don't you wear it?

I used to wear make up most days, but don't often wear make up on a usual daily basis anymore, I prefer to save it for more special occasions like nights out etc. I would prefer longer in bed in the morning, and I worry that daily use would be bad for my skin - plus it can get expensive to wear it every day! When I do wear it I do usually feel more confident, but would never wear it for anyone else, just myself
    I do wear make up, not a great deal, just concealer, mascara and face powder, maybe some light eyeshadow too but I find it helps my confidence quite a lot like a lot of other women have said already. The compliments I get are certainly a bonus though

ReputationRep:
    I have oily break-out prone skin and I don't want to make it worse. Plus I don't know how to apply anything nicely so it looks horrible. Though I suppose mascara and clear lipgloss doesn't look too bad. Tbh, I'm too lazy for anything but the occasional Vaseline.

ReputationRep:
    If I have some time in the morning then I'll put on a bit of foundation, concealer, mascara and tinted lip balm.

I don't wear makeup to impress anyone or because I'm insucure. I just simply find it quite fun and calming/therapeutic to do makeup, also allows me to get creative and experiment with new looks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear that much but I'm too lazy and I don't like the feeling of it on my face. I just wear mascara, sometimes eyeliner and lipgloss.

ReputationRep:
    I think in general most girls are either interested in hair or makeup, and can do 1 of them a lot better than the other, but rarely good at both. That's just the impression I get from most YouTube and Insta tutorials. For me I'm just a lot better at doing hair and I find it really hard to follow makeup tutorials. Makeup is definitely a lot harder because it is like doing a piece of art, and also you need a lot of products, whereas with hair you just need a few heat styling tools and the skills in your fingers. So I wear barely any makeup because I think it's just really hard to do, expensive and when I do wear coloured lipstick or eyeliner I get a lot of people telling me I look better without it anyway. Also it's a real pain to wash off - I would not be able to cope with that every day
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Do you wear make up? Why? Do you wear it for yourself or others? Does it help confidence, or do you wear it more because you like the art side of it? Or why don't you wear it?

I used to wear make up most days, but don't often wear make up on a usual daily basis anymore, I prefer to save it for more special occasions like nights out etc. I would prefer longer in bed in the morning, and I worry that daily use would be bad for my skin - plus it can get expensive to wear it every day! When I do wear it I do usually feel more confident, but would never wear it for anyone else, just myself
    I don't wear makeup cuz I prefer natural look and also bcuz wearing even an eyeliner on my eyes attracts too much attention !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Isn't that a bad thing?
    It depends I think. A few people I know are "addicted" to makeup and can spend hours in front of the mirror preparing for a special day. I don't wear heavy makeups, so it won't take me long in the morning. Though I can't say it's 100% for myself (also for looking pretty in front of others, a little vanity maybe), l don't think it's a waste of time cause I really enjoy doing it. Also, it can waste a lot of money,lol. I'm trying to find the balance and not making this hobby to extreme.
    Hope this answer make sense to you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Grace_Cong1998)
    It depends I think. A few people I know are "addicted" to makeup and can spend hours in front of the mirror preparing for a special day. I don't wear heavy makeups, so it won't take me long in the morning. Though I can't say it's 100% for myself (also for looking pretty in front of others, a little vanity maybe), l don't think it's a waste of time cause I really enjoy doing it. Also, it can waste a lot of money,lol. I'm trying to find the balance and not making this hobby to extreme.
    Hope this answer make sense to you.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd look like this if I tried to wear makeup:

Name:  IMG_4043.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  96.5 KB

Also need more than makeup to sort my face out

ReputationRep:
    i wear makeup whenever i go out bc it's like art but on my face. applying liquid eyeliner evenly is an art form and a skill tbh

I really like make up
    It's become a hobby of mine. Not because I'm not confident without it but because I like the artistic side of it and I just think it looks pretty.
    I don't wear it very often but I really like messing around with it and creating different looks when I have the time

Also a big advocate for cruelty free make up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.