Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    This 'Kyle' user is a troll, he sent me a message asking if I was 'horny', when I put a sarcastic comment on his thread.
    He did the same with me.

(Original post by john2054)
    this comment isn't relevant i'm afraid. Any project of this nature should take in to consideration the thoughts and impressions of the fathers as well as the women being studied, and for that reason it is VERY important that men are researched. By neglecting this fact, you are not just building bias in to the nature of the research, but also doing yourself a disservice. Men seem to be losing a voice here!?!
    Oh for God's sake it's not that deep. If you don't like it then get off the thread maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwe986)
    This isn't sexist research, 1) because it's important to research sex-specific topics and 2) because you cannot be sexist to men as we typically have more power in society.
    i've never heard such a lot of troll!?

Of course women can be sexist to men, and commonly are. It works both ways. It's like saying an ethnically diverse person can't be racist. Excuse me, but they can!

ReputationRep:
    Done
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Done,one slight adjustment you could consider is asking the reasoning for a father not being present,mine died whereas if my parents relationship had broken down that would be a different potential perceived psychological effect on a person.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i have done it too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwe986)
    This isn't sexist research, 1) because it's important to research sex-specific topics and 2) because you cannot be sexist to men as we typically have more power in society.
    1) yes.
    2) wat

ReputationRep:
    done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Done!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna.Karenina)
    Done
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    hey, i have done it too
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharoné)
    done!
    Thank you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    He did the same with me.
    He scared me lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Done,one slight adjustment you could consider is asking the reasoning for a father not being present,mine died whereas if my parents relationship had broken down that would be a different potential perceived psychological effect on a person.

Hello, thank you for this response I appreciate it!

I am very sorry to hear what happened and hope you are doing OK.

Unfortunately, I can no longer change the questionnaire, but you have raised a good point. I have come across these issues before and although it may seem I am taking a "step back", with the data I will receive from just this questionnaire I will have too much to write in just 6,00 words and the report may become too complicated with many findings in just one study.

If there is anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me once again.[img]file:///C:/Users/Katri/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png[/img]
    dYXbe�� �7!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Katrinamaria)
    Hello, thank you for this response I appreciate it!

I am very sorry to hear what happened and hope you are doing OK.

Unfortunately, I can no longer change the questionnaire, but you have raised a good point. I have come across these issues before and although it may seem I am taking a "step back", with the data I will receive from just this questionnaire I will have too much to write in just 6,00 words and the report may become too complicated with many findings in just one study.

If there is anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me once again.[img]file:///C:/Users/Katri/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png[/img]
    dYXbe�� �7!
    It's okay, it was nearly 12 years ago now. It's understandable that you don't want to complicate the data too much and I guess (although this is pretty rough stats) only about 3% of people in the uk lose a parent as kids anyway so I suppose it's much more likely people grow up without a dad due to other reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Very interesting study, Katrina, was fun completing it! Hope you find a few minutes to participate in my PRP survey on food addiction and emotions, too:

https://derby.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ctBPY1G4WQ7kBO5

Good luck with your project
    Regina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReginaHo)
    Very interesting study, Katrina, was fun completing it! Hope you find a few minutes to participate in my PRP survey on food addiction and emotions, too:

https://derby.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ctBPY1G4WQ7kBO5

Good luck with your project
    Regina
    Thank you , I have also completed yours

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Katarina, that´s golden

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.