Good TV shows to watch? watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    They're all linked though. the first two were the best
    The first 2 were good but the problem was that it just changes. It would have been much better with one whole story because you get attached to the characters unlike every season you don't really care about any of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illimitable)
    In my opinion, there is too much sex in there.
    ik but minus the sex its a wicked show
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mkap)
    ik but minus the sex its a wicked show
    Yeah otherwise it is really good. I want it to start already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunTiger)
    x
    Orange Is The New Black: a story about your typical American middle-class white liberal woman who gets thrown into a female prison. Despite being the apparent protagonist, Piper is by far the dullest character in the show until about season 4/5, when she goes on a power trip and acts like a **** (though she's been acting like a **** since the start of the show, so that's not really surprising). You watch it for the stories and happenings of the other characters, not necessarily her.

The Walking Dead: dude wakes up in the zombie apocalypse after being in a coma. It's a story about his survival, as well as the survival of other people he encounters, and how zombie aren't the only dangerous things that are walking around. It also incorporates the psychological effects of having to transition to such an environment from normal life, and every character deals with it differently.

Game Of Thrones: you don't get out much if you need me to write a description of this. Think Lord Of The Rings-esque fantasy but heavily political, no Orcs, and lots of swearing. T'is rather amusing, and also incredibly heavy on occasion. Don't get too invested in a character, they will probably die.

Breaking Bad: dude finds out he has cancer, starts producing and selling meth in order to pay for his treatment. His wife annoys the tits off of me.

Those are what I would consider the big 4 of recent years, though there are plenty of other good ones out there.

ReputationRep:
    The first 2 were good but the problem was that it just changes. It would have been much better with one whole story because you get attached to the characters unlike every season you don't really care about any of them.
    I get what you mean but then again i loved Dr Threadson in asylum and pepper from season 2 is back in season 4
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I get what you mean but then again i loved Dr Threadson in asylum and pepper from season 2 is back in season 4
    Yeah true. I knew it would be the Dr. once I first saw his character. Who was Pepper again?

ReputationRep:
    Humans is, in my opinion, absolutely exceptional and incredibly chilling.
    The 100 is good, let it take a few episodes to get the ball rolling but it is really good from about episode 4/5 onwards, I'd say. Plus it has an amazing soundtrack.
    Death In Paradise is a good murder-mystery, as is Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (it's 1920s murder in Australia, what more do you need?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true. I knew it would be the Dr. once I first saw his character. Who was Pepper again?
    Still loved him and she was the Pinhead

ReputationRep:
    Dexter went downhill after a few seasons.
    Yeah, I think the last season was trash and some episodes were pretty bad, although the first few seasons I think were on par or even better than breaking bad.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Still loved him and she was the Pinhead
    Ohh right! Her!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Yeah, I think the last season was trash and some episodes were pretty bad, although the first few seasons I think were on par or even better than breaking bad.
    Agreed, first seasons were amazing the last one was the worst. Ending was disastrous.

ReputationRep:
    Trash TV...like what?
    I would consider these shows trash.

Xfactor or any variant

I'm a celebrity.

all those teen mom shows.

big brother

gogglebox (You are literally watching people watch things)

Coronation street and all those ones like it (Home and away

There are tons more but these are the most liked ones.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for being that person (A WEEABOO) but have you ever considered watching anime? There's some really amazing anime shows out there. I would definitely recommend Attack on Titan, Death Note or Parasyte to start off with, because they really are awesome. If you want to try some really recent ones, I would recommend Mob Psycho 100 or Food Wars/Shokugeki no Souma. Sorry for being a weeb. but. They are very good shows xD

ReputationRep:
    I would consider these shows trash.

Xfactor or any variant

I'm a celebrity.

all those teen mom shows.

big brother

gogglebox (You are literally watching people watch things)

Coronation street and all those ones like it (Home and away

There are tons more but these are the most liked ones.
    I am guilty of watching teen mom and im a celebrity, they're complete crap but keep me entertained

Ohh right! Her!
    Yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malyjez)
    Sorry for being that person (A WEEABOO) but have you ever considered watching anime? There's some really amazing anime shows out there. I would definitely recommend Attack on Titan, Death Note or Parasyte to start off with, because they really are awesome. If you want to try some really recent ones, I would recommend Mob Psycho 100 or Food Wars/Shokugeki no Souma. Sorry for being a weeb. but. They are very good shows xD

Shoo weeb shoo
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I am guilty of watching teen mom and im a celebrity, they're complete crap but keep me entertained

Yeah!
    She was an odd character which made her unique.

ReputationRep:
    Stranger things and Victoria

ReputationRep:
    She was an odd character which made her unique.
    Her back story made me sad

ReputationRep:
    Shoo weeb shoo
    No hitler no
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Her back story made me sad
    She had a back story? What season?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.