Turn on thread page Beta

What Makeup should I buy my GF? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    I know MAC is really popular but you may land yourself in it if she likes cruelty free products given MAC are regularly lambasted for testing on animals.
    I don't think shes into animal rights (in b4 OP is dating a mean girl). She likes stuff from this place called Lush tho? Anything good from there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    Cheers! Probably going to get that she loves the Kardashians
    It gets sold out fast though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    It gets sold out fast though
    There's some left they ship to the UK right?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, will those colours suit all skin tones? She's desi so this is her tone

yeah! Whirl and velvet teddy are nude colours like your lips but better, so depends whether she likes them or reds etc if she likes red then maybe rubyroo

ReputationRep:
    I don't think shes into animal rights (in b4 OP is dating a mean girl). She likes stuff from this place called Lush tho? Anything good from there?

Lush is cruelty free and people that love it loooooooove it (I'm not a fan but a shop so pungent puts me off instantly). They do have great customer service so you could go in and the assistants will be able to help you pick :grin:

ReputationRep:
    There's some left they ship to the UK right?
    There's lots left atm. Yes they ship to the UK but shipping can be expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowcorn)
    yeah! Whirl and velvet teddy are nude colours like your lips but better, so depends whether she likes them or reds etc if she likes red then maybe rubyroo
    Idk she wears all colours so long as its not something she has already I guess Thank you

Lush is cruelty free and people that love it loooooooove it (I'm not a fan but a shop so pungent puts me off instantly). They do have great customer service so you could go in and the assistants will be able to help you pick
    Yeah I used to walk past it every day and the store always stunk of perfume lmao. :banana:

Might do that :beard: Do they do makeup?

ReputationRep:
    She likes makeup and her bday is coming up. I don't know **** about it lol.

What should I get her? I want it to be surprise so cant ask her hehe.
    It's worth checking what her opinions on animal testing are as well? I know a lot of people who won't buy makeup tested on animals.

ReputationRep:
    Idk she wears all colours so long as its not something she has already I guess Thank you

Yeah I used to walk past it every day and the store always stunk of perfume lmao. :banana:

Might do that :beard: Do they do makeup?
    They do make up, lots, and probably have gifts sets but if you wanted a Happy Birthday gift set they do one with soaps and things:

https://uk.lush.com/products/ps15-ps30/happy-bathday-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redacrylic)
    It's worth checking what her opinions on animal testing are as well? I know a lot of people who won't buy makeup tested on animals.
    thanks I want it to be a surprise.. which brands aren't tested on animals? :beard:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks, I can afford about £30. What should I get from those places?

In on mostly male thread :teehee:

What should I get her? A foundation? Or a lip paint?

Saw your username, expected the gentleman :rofl:
    :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    thanks I want it to be a surprise.. which brands aren't tested on animals? :beard:
    The products used in the video are listed below.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Get her the MAC sweet copper compact from the new nut cracker collection! Its a blush and highlighter and I think it'll look pretty on her skin tone

ReputationRep:
    http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/ulti...y-free-makeup/ Here's a good start but if you want a little more detail PETA (although I'm not a massive fan of their charity) do have a good database http://features.peta.org/cruelty-fre...rch/index.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make-up but alot of my friends use MAC and it looks really good

ReputationRep:
    They do make up, lots, and probably have gifts sets but if you wanted a Happy Birthday gift set they do one with soaps and things:

https://uk.lush.com/products/ps15-ps30/happy-bathday-0
    That looks great! :gah:

(Original post by saraxh)
    The products used in the video are listed below.
    Thanks *checks prices of the products*

(Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Get her the MAC sweet copper compact from the new nut cracker collection! Its a blush and highlighter and I think it'll look pretty on her skin tone
    Great suggestion thank u! Can I buy this online bc I dont think our town has a Mac shop :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Buying her a gift card for boots or some makeup shop could be a good alternative as you do not want to get something she dislikes, or do something like promise her a day out to a makeup shop and she can pick out things she wants.

ReputationRep:

Great suggestion thank u! Can I buy this online bc I dont think our town has a Mac shop :unsure:
    http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/produc...B&gclsrc=aw.ds Ah just seen its sold out, its such a popular new item

ReputationRep:
    Make up is quite a personal thing, and you need to make sure you're buying her the right shades - it's not going to be a good present if you buy her 'porcelain' and she's actually a medium - tan!

I think if you're going to buy her some, then buy her the best you can afford. No-one wants cheap cosmetics. Bobbi Brown, or Benefit maybe? Does she wear mascara - if so, what about either Benefit's 'They're Real' or 'Roller Lash'. Bare Minerals also have some good products. You could also buy her a Touche Eclat (YSL) - I don't think she'd be disappointed with that, either.

ReputationRep:
    The 'Becca cosmetics blushed with light palette' here: https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-b...t-palette.html

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.