Turn on thread page Beta

I have been looking in to getting a new Kantana, AMA>>><> watch

ReputationRep:
    Probably not the best home-invasion defense, I don't think you could swing it very well in a corridor. But does look pretty damn cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Probably not the best home-invasion defense, I don't think you could swing it very well in a corridor. But does look pretty damn cool.
    Thanks Sabertooth, you do realise that i'm not allowed to use it at all, under any circumstance. I'm probably even upsetting some people somewhere, just by talking about them like this. but there you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Thanks Sabertooth, you do realise that i'm not allowed to use it at all, under any circumstance. I'm probably even upsetting some people somewhere, just by talking about them like this. but there you go.
    If someone was in my house and I had one of those I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Then again, that's the difference; I'd be hailed a hero for killing some thieving scum, you'd go to jail.

ReputationRep:
    If someone was in my house and I had one of those I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Then again, that's the difference; I'd be hailed a hero for killing some thieving scum, you'd go to jail.
    just out of interest, why would the court view your action as heroics, and mine, as a terrible crime? Actually i trust my skills would enable me to handle the situation in the majority of cases, without needing to hurt someone. You do realise that even owning an offensive weapon, can be considered breaking the law. And even a kitchen knife can be considered that, but as long as you don't go around waving it outside, you should be alright??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    just out of interest, why would the court view your action as heroics, and mine, as a terrible crime? Actually i trust my skills would enable me to handle the situation in the majority of cases, without needing to hurt someone. You do realise that even owning an offensive weapon, can be considered breaking the law. And even a kitchen knife can be considered that, but as long as you don't go around waving it outside, you should be alright??
    I live in the US where self-defense is encouraged.

ReputationRep:
    I live in the US where self-defense is encouraged.
    I see. In that case you are right 1000%!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.