Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What's Santa bringing you for Christmas ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Unrealistic Expectations
    What are you expecting that is unrealistic ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fluffy socks obv

(Original post by RossB1702)
    As Christmas is approaching and this time next month a lot of our Christmas trees and decorations will be up. What is it you would like for Christmas this year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A magic clock that speeds up time. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    A magic clock that speeds up time. :/
    Unfortunately to speed up time you would have to be at a point in a lower gravitational field on Earth which wouldn't even make any significant difference because even at the highest altitude on Earth the difference in time is negligible. You could also travel at a relativistic velocity but that would be inhumanly possible as we can't go anywhere near that speed.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1479067624.624725.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  57.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately to speed up time you would have to be at a point in a lower gravitational field on Earth which wouldn't even make any significant difference because even at the highest altitude on Earth the difference in time is negligible. You could also travel at a relativistic velocity but that would be inhumanly possible as we can't go anywhere near that speed.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1479067624.624725.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  57.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Science overload lol

I am aware just wish it could though lol

ReputationRep:
    What subjects you doing and why do you plan on studying at uni ? I think I remember you saying you want to study at Glasgow uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    History,Business and Sociology I'm hoping for English (did the A2 already). Atm I'm swinging towards Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Science overload lol

I am aware just wish it could though lol
    Ikr so many situations I've been in where I wish I could speed up time. School last year was so stressful, I was falling behind in assignments(I had like 3 major ones to hand in that went toward my grade).Glad it's over now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    History,Business and Sociology I'm hoping for English (did the A2 already). Atm I'm swinging towards Nottingham.
    Good luck.

Ikr so many situations I've been in where I wish I could speed up time. School last year was so stressful, I was falling behind in assignments(I had like 3 major ones to hand in that went toward my grade).Glad it's over now.
    Yea true but i dont wanna speed up time for school, i want freedom and to escape tbh

ReputationRep:
    £400

ReputationRep:
    I want a new phone, since mine is dying on me, or a DSLR as I love photography and want to do it as a hobby/side job, a holiday (I feel homesick, my home country by heritage is Barbados) or a new life which would be impossible. So the first two would be great,

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise how many friends you have. I thought TSR was life for you. Jk lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully, an offer from from Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Hopefully, an offer from from Oxford
    Good luck, what you applying for ?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, what you applying for ?
    Thanks, English and German.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a simple woman, if I see chocolate I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, English and German.
    Is it a joint honours ? What do you learn with German ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it a joint honours ? What do you learn with German ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, joint honours. It's basically English and German Literature, because I'm already expected to know the language.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, joint honours. It's basically English and German Literature, because I'm already expected to know the language.
    I actually plan on becoming fluent in a few languages in my life time. I would like to learn German and Spanish before I finish uni. Don't start uni for another year and I plan on studying for 5 years and a few people have said it's possible to learn 2 languages in 5 years. I'll aim for at least one(German) though. Partly want to learn German because it seems like a nice play to visit and I think international study is available there for my course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ur mum hyeaaaaa boiiiiii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    ur mum hyeaaaaa boiiiiii
    Oh god.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.