Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Single life is starting to get to me Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    that cheerleading smiley though

wait now hold on a minute now :eyeball:

(covers OP's eyes)
    :lol: hhahah :lol: yeh, perhaps here wasn't the best place to have a cheeky flirt with CheeseIsVeg #Moooose
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    :lol: hhahah :lol: yeh, perhaps here wasn't the best place to have a cheeky flirt with CheeseIsVeg #Moooose
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :mmm:
    :rofl:

stop it Cheese :noway:

yes but maybe it will inspire OP to find love
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    that cheerleading smiley though

wait now hold on a minute now :eyeball:

(covers OP's eyes)
    :rave: :mmm:
    :rofl: oopsie XD

:rofl:

stop it Cheese :noway:

yes but maybe it will inspire OP to find love
    Never
    I hope so :love:
    You need to PM me btw

ReputationRep:
    :rave: :mmm:
    :rofl: oopsie XD

Never
    I hope so :love:
    You need to PM me btw
    :toofunny: look at the ****ing thing how it dances and blinks omg

Ah anyway oh right my pm's were clogged for a bit
    and yea think of it that way, some people dont like PDA/public display but I think those might be prudes or jealous people. If anything I always see it as a chance for me as well
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: look at the ****ing thing how it dances and blinks omg

Ah anyway oh right my pm's were clogged for a bit
    and yea think of it that way, some people dont like PDA/public display but I think those might be prudes or jealous people. If anything I always see it as a chance for me as well
    XD
    Done it :yy: Tried earlier but they were full
    I don't understand but I hope you are ok and pls reply to my PM :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    XD
    Done it :yy: Tried earlier but they were full
    I don't understand but I hope you are ok and pls reply to my PM :hugs:
    you know, PDA public display of affection. Some people hate it, I don't mind it but yes it was hilariously untimely on OP's behalf :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    you know, PDA public display of affection. Some people hate it, I don't mind it but yes it was hilariously untimely on OP's behalf :rofl:
    ah ok :hide: sorry OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm gonna be 19 in a few weeks and I've never been in a relationship and have only kissed one guy but that was during freshers week so that barely counts.... it seems like everyone else I know is in relationships and people are always going away to visit their boyfriends/girlfriends at the weekends which makes me feel rather lonely and wish that was me... but i think its just one of them things where you just need to wait and see and chances are someone will come along and you'll be able to start a relationship. tonnes of people are young and single so try not to feel embarrassed or upset
    I've been single for a while now and it is starting to get me down, my closest friends are all in relationships and I just feel like I would like a bit of companionship to do stuff with. I wouldn't say I'm bad looking but I'm not the best looking guy either, I am fit and toned as I go to the gym a lot run a lot and compete in charity races and people say I've got really nice eyes. As for my personality people are always paying me compliments, I went to a party over Halloween and my friends where saying I was the life and soul of the party and I was making everyone laugh. However when it comes to speaking to women I am always really really nervous so I don't approach a woman who I see and that I think is attractive.

People suggested I tried Tinder and POF which I did without any success at all.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I feel down about being single?
    message me, take on board what I say and it'l happen.

yee both seem to be girls...should be easier when yeh get over the mental side of it all.

:console: You need to have more confidence in yourself. People like you, you're nice - you're funny! That's attractive! You just need to be brave, strike up the courage to be yourself and give a funny chat up line or something!
    I have faith in you! You can do it - no you shouldn't feel down and I wouldn't reccommend this tinder thing - sounds
    :grouphugs: :rave: You can do this :hugs: Best of luck,
    Cheese

:jumphug:
    I've just spoken with a few of my mates and they have all basically said the same thing as you. I just think that my problem is a lack of confidence.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've just spoken with a few of my mates and they have all basically said the same thing as you. I just think that my problem is a lack of confidence.
    Exactly! ask your mates on how to do so, OvergrownMoose is also good at helping with confidence
    I know you can do it :hugs: :rave: Just believe in yourself and your strengths!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! ask your mates on how to do so, OvergrownMoose is also good at helping with confidence
    I know you can do it :hugs: :rave: Just believe in yourself and your strengths!
    Just believe in yourself Everyone has the ability to achieve anything with a little self-belief!! #Moooose
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Just believe in yourself Everyone has the ability to achieve anything with a little self-belief!! #Moooose
    Thanks Moosey :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I've been single for a while now and it is starting to get me down, my closest friends are all in relationships and I just feel like I would like a bit of companionship to do stuff with. I wouldn't say I'm bad looking but I'm not the best looking guy either, I am fit and toned as I go to the gym a lot run a lot and compete in charity races and people say I've got really nice eyes. As for my personality people are always paying me compliments, I went to a party over Halloween and my friends where saying I was the life and soul of the party and I was making everyone laugh. However when it comes to speaking to women I am always really really nervous so I don't approach a woman who I see and that I think is attractive.

People suggested I tried Tinder and POF which I did without any success at all.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I feel down about being single?
    It's just one of those things, you have to keep positive & believing it will change soon. I've had the same experience on Tinder & POF, if you're a guy who's not really good looking you're asking to get ignored really. You just have to keep putting yourself out there, learn from experience & keep progressing so you're the best person you can be. It can be difficult but you also have to try & not think about it too much. By all means talk to girls but don't be so focused on a certain outcome (e.g. getting a girlfriend as that can often lead to disappointment). Keep living life, pursuing your interests, being yourself & then hopefully something will click for you pretty soon. That's all I can say really! Best of luck!

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    It's just one of those things, you have to keep positive & believing it will change soon. I've had the same experience on Tinder & POF, if you're a guy who's not really good looking you're asking to get ignored really. You just have to keep putting yourself out there, learn from experience & keep progressing so you're the best person you can be. It can be difficult but you also have to try & not think about it too much. By all means talk to girls but don't be so focused on a certain outcome (e.g. getting a girlfriend as that can often lead to disappointment). Keep living life, pursuing your interests, being yourself & then hopefully something will click for you pretty soon. That's all I can say really! Best of luck!
    I wouldn't say I'm not good looking, quite a few people have said I'm a good looking lad I just need to put myself out there more. The problem is I put myself out there a lot and try to meet new people but nothing comes of it. This is why it's getting me down.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I'm not good looking, quite a few people have said I'm a good looking lad I just need to put myself out there more. The problem is I put myself out there a lot and try to meet new people but nothing comes of it. This is why it's getting me down.
    Apologies, probably should have worded it better. What I mean is if you're not a guy in the top echelon in terms of appearance it's much harder especially on dating sites regardless of your personality as that is what you're first judges on. Anyway it's just one of those things, I've had the same experience. You just have to keep putting yourself out there & hopefully find a girl who you're attracted to & reciprocates interest. Often it's just a matter of trial & error & perseverance. It's tough I know, bad experience can really dent your self-esteem & confidence but you can't give in as otherwise you'll never succeed in your end goal. Be proud of yourself & your efforts, keep trying to expand your circle & generally improving yourself & then hopefully you'll find someone very soon!!!

ReputationRep:
    You will find someone and they will love you until the end. Xx

ReputationRep:
    Single life is getting to you? Join the f***ing queue.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.