Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Strong desire to have a facial hair/stubble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    I actually have no idea. Im gonna take an educated guess and say that it's called a 5 o'clock shadow because of the shadow that appears at 5 o'clock during the day. It's not the hottest part of the day and it's nearing sunset.
    I'd buy that explanation !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    OP are you male or female ?

:holmes:
    Yes :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK_23)
    Really? Aw mate. Appreciate your beard still.
    A lot of the lads at my college you can practically see the effort they're putting into that "beard" of there's.
    You could go Viking. And at least at Christmas time you could put tinsel and lights in the beard . This'll be exciting ! If ladies could rock beards I would .
    haha I suppose the strong beard genes have saved me really, I have only shaved my beard once and I actually looked so strange, it was weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    haha I suppose the strong beard genes have saved me really, I have only shaved my beard once and I actually looked so strange, it was weird.
    Do you sit and stroke it (this sound so so wrong right now) , but literally. I have the temptation to just Be like "can I touch your beard please"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK_23)
    Do you sit and stroke it (this sound so so wrong right now) , but literally. I have the temptation to just Be like "can I touch your beard please"
    haha Yeah I actually tend to stroke it when I am sleepy (No idea why), I actually love it when people stroke my beard, very relaxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    haha Yeah I actually tend to stroke it when I am sleepy (No idea why), I actually love it when people stroke my beard, very relaxing.
    Well then

ReputationRep:
    Give it time and go for a fresh youthful look instead. Your facial hair time will come, don't wish for life to be rushed.

You can always buy stick on beards for fun ofc but sometimes they look natural.

ReputationRep:
    age ? sex ? Tanner Stage ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    My dad has a beard so surely I am not screwed in terms if genetics.

All I got is hair on my upper neck and sideburns and a few on my cheeks and chin. I dont have enough to even say its patchy and if i shave as it currently looks awful ill be back to square 1

I want
    I'm guessing by your username you are around 18? Just be patient. My facial hair was truly pathetic at 18. I'm 26 now and it's only started resembling a proper beard in the last two years or so.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep shaving bro and it will grow in quicker.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and I grow facial hair at the speed of your typical 14 year old who's barely started puberty. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    My dad has a beard so surely I am not screwed in terms if genetics.

All I got is hair on my upper neck and sideburns and a few on my cheeks and chin. I dont have enough to even say its patchy and if i shave as it currently looks awful ill be back to square 1

I want
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    Hahaa, yeh exactly! #Moooose
    Have you written software that automatically writes that hashtag at the end of every post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Have you written software that automatically writes that hashtag at the end of every post?
    :shh: Don't let the TSR team know about this or I'll be banned #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OvergrownMoose)
    :shh: Don't let the TSR team know about this or I'll be banned #Moooose
    naughty moose

ReputationRep:
    Jamaican castor oil is the sh**! Apply it on the required areas at night time. Castor oil is known for growing your hair faster and making it look healthier. Try it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.