Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I didn't want to go to the sixth from at my school, even thought I automatically had a place.

I had a choice between Aquinas in Stockport and Hyde, in Hyde, both of which I think wanted 5 A-Cs. I had an informal interview at both of them, but I think I had a good chance at Aquinas anyway because I was Catholic. I went for Hyde in the end, because it was 15 minutes down the road rather than a long bus journey every morning.
    Could have gone to Ridge Danyers Marple?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Could have gone to Ridge Danyers Marple?
    My politics teacher used to teach there...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Glyn Technology sixth form. They have just built a £3 million sixth form block and I am getting EMA. Quite lucky really.

ReputationRep:
    woohooo my school is 41st King Edwards VI Five Ways, we may not be the best King Edwards school in birmingham (ie. one of our sister schools is top of the league for a levels) but we do have the best social lives

ReputationRep:
    I go to Holy Cross Sixth Form in Bury, Manchester. I think it's really good - not only does everyone more/less get good grades, but the teachers are also brill and everyone knows one another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I attended Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College. The minimum entry requirements are 5 GCSE'a at grades A-C. I did not refer to the league tables because geographically it was a choice between the Sixth Form and the local College which provides AVCE's and BTEC's only. I wanted to do A'2 therefore my choice was forced upon me.
    I'm the same as Leekey - not that this helps anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm heading for Stoke-on-Trent 6th form in September....didn't want to stay on at my School's 6th form, plus the 6th form college seems pretty good anyway....mainly because they're the only place to offer Philosophy lol

ReputationRep:
    magdalen college school 6th form college dont be put off by the name we are kinda twined in this area with all the oxford colleges its easy to get in here all you need are like c grade passes in the subjects you want to do and prove you competant enough to do subjects you havnt studied before

ReputationRep:
    I just wanna know which A level examination is the hardest.........AQA,OCR,EDexcel or Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    Which Six Form College do you go to and how difficult was the admissions procedure? Did you refer to League tables before making your choice?
    I went to Cambridge Regional College, admission procedure was simple, didn't refer to league tables. Went there as it was the only place near that did the AVCE in ICT.

ReputationRep:
    Well i dunno where does my skool fit in!!!!!!! well i got to handsworth grammar skool in bham!!!!! sixth form obviously!! :rolleyes:
    its a boys skool but the sixth form is mixed!!! which cums out that there are bout less than 50gals in the whole skool. well it seems strict at the sight of the skool but its ok u to get in.
    u need at least 5 gcses passes from a*to c! u need at least a c in maths and english and a b in the subject u wanna do at as or alevel!!!!!

well aslong its a grammar skool its fine to me!! but sumtimes u feel that there r too much boys honestly!!grrrr. yet i think its a great skool eh???

Smurfettexx

ReputationRep:
    I went for the only one I believed would take me and which was local. It turned out that despite the low grade requirements, it gets one of the best results in the country!

ReputationRep:
    I just stayed at high school (Wolverhampton Girls' High). Anyone heard of it? Our results are normally pretty good-in recent years, pupils have made it on to the front of the Times etc.-you know the type! Still, they're gonna have a shock when it gets to my year, I'll tell you that for nothing! hehe...I'm still a firm believer in the merit of the individual though, although to a great extent, I'm sure that a good network of teachers and resources benefits academic achievement greatly. I would appreciate others views as concerns this issue.

ReputationRep:
    i go to seven kings high school...anyone head of it?, and it has a really hard selection process, this yr bout 200 peeps gt rejected. The sixth form is ok...but they get gd results only cos they allow the bright lot to get in, and u can expect the bright kids to get results!

so really its alot of ure own work...whereve u go!

but having a gd atmosphere like SKHS always helps!

EDIT: its a high school as well as a sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    Which Six Form College do you go to and how difficult was the admissions procedure? Did you refer to League tables before making your choice?
    Whereabouts in the UK are you moving to? Just curious....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squideye)
    Whereabouts in the UK are you moving to? Just curious....

Reading, West Berkshire, Bradfield, Bradfield College....

ReputationRep:
    Hey I go to Holy Cross College to!! Are you in upper sixth this next academic year or have you just left. I have to agree theough most of the teachers are totally awesome!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squideye)
    I just stayed at high school (Wolverhampton Girls' High). Anyone heard of it?
    My friend who's daughter is 10 new wants her daughter to go there. Would you recomend it.

One of the reasons for picking it is that she (the daughter) has 5 brothers so it would be good for her to be in a 'girly' enviroment at least for some of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I agree!! I doubt all of you go to a top ten college! These require grades like AAAAA in GCSE........

Misleading info... And i know for sure that New College is not top ten:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,3321,00.html

Well... Im going to Bradfield College. Anyone heard of it?
    :eek: Oh God, my sister went to the number 1 comprehensive school! It's down the road from where I live... It was a shock seeing that there... Thomas Telford, the headmasters a prat, but it's a good school...

ReputationRep:
    I'm just starting Greenhead 6th form college in Huddersfield. This is a 6th form college only and came 80th in league tables (with all other schools/colleges), but 1st as a sixth form college.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...toz_nat_20.stm

There was a lot of competition to get in (1200 students for 150 places) and we had to have interviews and take along predicted GCSE grades.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.