Anyone want to share? Watch

This discussion is closed.
mobbdeeprob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
70% of it is about geography, 30% is extra-curric stuff. Do you think that's ok??
Mine (although not for Geo) was 689 words, with a roughly 50:50 subject/EC split.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
Mine (although not for Geo) was 689 words, with a roughly 50:50 subject/EC split.
My 648 words fill up the space so i can't add anymore
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
You most be using some long words
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
I tell a lie, it was 671 words, lookey here:

"You have 1 line(s) available, based on the preview. Saved at Mon Jul 19 15:53:08 BST 2004"

Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
70% of it is about geography, 30% is extra-curric stuff. Do you think that's ok??
A fine balance! As long as you include how some of your other subjects link to geog (where useful) in the 70%
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
A fine balance!
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
I guess I'm doomed, oh well...
Rob24601
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah id say it would be important do say how the a levels your doing support your studies into geography
eg. for me im writing about how chemistry is useful when studying soils and soil forming processes and when looking scientifically at global warming
and how a level computing has given me the skills to break problems down and go at them in a logical way, while sociology has made me more aware of social problems in geography and also the research methodologies involved with the social sciences.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rob24601)
yeah id say it would be important do say how the a levels your doing support your studies into geography
eg. for me im writing about how chemistry is useful when studying soils and soil forming processes and when looking scientifically at global warming
and how a level computing has given me the skills to break problems down and go at them in a logical way, while sociology has made me more aware of social problems in geography and also the research methodologies involved with the social sciences.
Where are you applying?
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ellie, where are you thinking of applying?
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Ellie, where are you thinking of applying?
I haven't decided yet! Definately Durham and Nottingham, probably Leeds and Manchester, maybe Bristol. You?
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
I haven't decided yet! Definately Durham and Nottingham, probably Leeds and Manchester, maybe Bristol. You?
Durham, Nottingham, Southampton, Exeter, Reading + 1 other.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Durham, Nottingham, Southampton, Exeter, Reading + 1 other.
Ooo yeah I forgot about Soton! Looks like we'll be each other's competition
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ooo yeah I forgot about Soton! Looks like we'll be each other's competition
Hehe. Nottingham gets 20 applications per place. :eek: And i worked out that Bristol only offers about 20% of geog applicants a place :eek:
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Hehe. Nottingham gets 20 applications per place. :eek: And i worked out that Bristol only offers about 20% of geog applicants a place :eek:
:eek: OMG! We're doomed!!!
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: OMG! We're doomed!!!
I'm not applying to Bristol anyway, because of that and because i hate the place!
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
I'm not applying to Bristol anyway, because of that and because i hate the place!
Mmm, I wasn't the biggest fan of it when I went there, but it has got a good department.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But if Notts get 20 apps per place, that means they only give offers to 5%!!! :eek:
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I find it ironic that Bristol, Durham etc. are very competitive for geography, yet about 35% ish of Oxford applicants again an offer - Apply to the right college, and it can definitely be 40-45% who gain an offer.

Yes, the standard of applicant is higher, but surely not by much at all, and considering it is Oxford and all...

Sorry, bit random there!

*Leaves quickly*
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mmm, I wasn't the biggest fan of it when I went there, but it has got a good department.
Yeah i know, i may use it as my last choice! One of my AS geography teachers went there but i can't talk to her about it because she's gone and left without telling us!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (237)
91.51%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.49%

Watched Threads