Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm now this is one thing I didn't think about... do I need a bus pass?

ReputationRep:
    Well my one is a monthyl one, which is £42.50

This means for it to save any money I will have to catch the bus at least 30 times in a month....

Which there and back translates to 15 times!

Seen a stho I have a job in town and will be working weekends, that's already 16 bus journeys... plus I go out to town twice a week which is another 8 bus jounrneys, then theres random trips to town at least once a week which is another 4... this is 28 already!!! And that's not even accounting for any buses I want to get to and from uni... so for me it makes perfect sense!

ReputationRep:
    If you're living in student accommodation - I wouldn't bother AT ALL with a bus pass!

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the person whether a buspass is good for you.
    I know for a fact i'll be using it loads. I dont live too far from the campus so ill be popping home from time to time. (for my washing! aha)
    And if you plan on working in town, which i do, it will be handy.
    plus, my best friends live in solihul so i travel over there alot.
    basically i'd say to people who are new to the area;
    see how you go in the first term and if you find yourself using buses lots, invest in a bus pass in the 2nd term

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.