ReputationRep:
    This is quite worrying.

MB
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Either possibility is worrying - either someone has got access to the mod cp through hacking of some sort or for some reason one of the mods felt it necessary to email moncal his rep (and muck about with vienna's account - but then only d/m could have changed vienna's password).

I don't buy the mod/admin conspiracy theories....there just doesn't seem to be any motive never mind it being completely out of character. Which leave the hacking scenario

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Either possibility is worrying - either someone has got access to the mod cp through hacking of some sort or for some reason one of the mods felt it necessary to email moncal his rep (and muck about with vienna's account - but then only d/m could have changed vienna's password).

I don't buy the mod/admin conspiracy theories....there just doesn't seem to be any motive never mind it being completely out of character. Which leave the hacking scenario
    Hacking isn't a likely scenario. I can't believe what you called me.

If we assume that no hacker can do this then the only logical conclusions are that either Vienna and Moncal are lying, or one of the mods is up to no good. We, therefore, seem to be in the mists of a mod conspiracy - at least one of them is having some fun, someone with an interest in Vienna and Moncal. Is there a mod that both of these individuals has pissed off?

I wonder whether this mod conspiracy is also responsible for the annihilation of many of the much celebrated Gnostic series of ids...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    If we assume that no hacker can do this then the only logical conclusions are that either Vienna and Moncal are lying, or one of the mods is up to no good. We, therefore, seem to be in the mists of a mod conspiracy - at least one of them is having some fun, someone with an interest in Vienna and Moncal. Is there a mod that both of these individuals has pissed off?

I wonder whether this mod conspiracy is also responsible for the annihilation of many of the much celebrated Gnostic series of ids...
    this action isnt anti-moncal - its not releasing his PMs or anything like that - it is just showing him who repped him, which would be favourable towards him

ReputationRep:

I would much rather you call me a liar than say all of the mods are corrupt.

(Original post by elpaw)
    this action isnt anti-moncal - its not releasing his PMs or anything like that - it is just showing him who repped him, which would be favourable towards him
    No, clearly its designed to unnerve our American friend. It's not simply "hey, I'm, going to do you a favour!". It's quite a clever way of giving him the message that he has access to his account (the mod in question also established the freeweb moncal account - clearly not a favour either).

(Original post by moncal)
    I would much rather you call me a liar than say all of the mods are corrupt.
    Being an American you are a liar by definition, but I doubt that you're lying about this. At least one of the mods is corrupt. And I will apply my analytical and logic skills to discover who.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Any chance of you posting this list?
    I'm considering it, but I think that it could only have come from a mod or admin and it said not to share the info on ukl.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I'm considering it, but I think that it could only have come from a mod or admin and it said not to share the info on ukl.
    How about forwarding it on to the mods (or even just adhsur) that way noone can accuse you of lying (and so far as the mods are concerned they can see that information anyway).

ReputationRep:
    No, clearly its designed to unnerve our American friend. It's not simply "hey, I'm, going to do you a favour!". It's quite a clever way of giving him the message that he has access to his account (the mod in question also established the freeweb moncal account - clearly not a favour either).
    He couldn't have hacked my account be cause my account doesn't have permission to view who the rep came from.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you already disobeyed the email by telling us this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    How about forwarding it on to the mods (or even just adhsur) that way noone can accuse you of lying (and so far as the mods are concerned they can see that information anyway).
    It is in the process of sending to adhsur now.

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt any of the mods would go out of their way to play games like this - we all care about the forum and are sensible enough not to do things like that. Why would we want to anyway? It does seem so very pathetic.

The hacking scenario is even more impossible I think because this "hacker" has seen more than moncal himself can see. And to see things like rep, you need a special mod password in the mod cp which I doubt he could have got hold of.

This is a very silly conjecture and I don't know if there is any link, but all these problems started when m joined. Not to point fingers or anything hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    This is a very silly conjecture and I don't know if there is any link, but all these problems started when m joined. Not to point fingers or anything hehe.
    Naah, the problems started a couple of weeks before m joined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Naah, the problems started a couple of weeks before m joined.
    What was the first instance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Haven't you already disobeyed the email by telling us this?
    And if this guy knows what he's doing, that may not bode well! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    What was the first instance?
    Vienna's account being hacked into - How long ago was it? Seems a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    And if this guy knows what he's doing, that may not bode well! :eek:
    lol!!

Why should one obey a conniving little hacker anyway?

By telling the forum, moncal has done the right thing in suggesting that we cannot accept this.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna's account being hacked into - How long ago was it? Seems a while ago.
    last monday

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.