Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardeep.arora)
    hahaha....thanks Anneka.....and thats for you!!!!"WB"ing...:p:
    Oh yes...how could I forget the WBing hehe

In the post today: I just recieved my Pharmacy and Pharmacology Pre-entry Handbook; tells you about all you have to buy, book list, equipment etc. There's also a humorously written 'Survival Guide'. The Pre-entry Handbook is already making me squeamish - why do they have to tell us about our exams and they'll be giving us one when we arrive in class about 'A-level' science eek! :eek:

Has anyone else recieved this yet?

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention...we have to buy 2 lab coats and safety glasses on campus - we get a lab coat pub crawl hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Druggist)
    In the post today: I just recieved my Pharmacy and Pharmacology Pre-entry Handbook; tells you about all you have to buy, book list, equipment etc. There's also a humorously written 'Survival Guide'. The Pre-entry Handbook is already making me squeamish - why do they have to tell us about our exams and they'll be giving us one when we arrive in class about 'A-level' science eek! :eek:

Has anyone else recieved this yet?
    Haha, I've received nothing but the "Getting started" guide. They'll be giving us a test when we arrive, eh? Better start hitting the books now, :ridinghor.

Well, I gave all my books back to the school anyway, so I've got nothing to refresh my memory, :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siles)
    Haha, I've received nothing but the "Getting started" guide. They'll be giving us a test when we arrive, eh? Better start hitting the books now, :ridinghor.

Well, I gave all my books back to the school anyway, so I've got nothing to refresh my memory, :p:.
    Same! And we have to write an essay too! hehe...so much fun :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: you guys are scaring me.....are studies usually that much fun??:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if thats the same survival guide they've been using for years!

Don't forget to join the Bath Pharmacy group on facebook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by recneps)
    I wonder if thats the same survival guide they've been using for years!
    Don't forget to join the Bath Pharmacy group on facebook!
    Most likely

ReputationRep:
    I got the survival guide and the pre-entry handbook today. The chemistry and biology stuff is easy since it's pretty much a repeat of what we did at A-level, but is it worth purchasing "Foundation Maths" if you haven't done a Maths A-level?

ReputationRep:
    I only did AS Level Maths and will be purchasing the book, as you will be using it constantly throughout the years for calculations.
    Don't forget to get the Cell Biology new edition on campus not the one listed in the handbook!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved the pharm. timetable?

I was wondering: how many hours a week do we have?

ReputationRep:
    am getting worried!! what areyou guys talking about?? all these tests on A level stuff!! i havnt received anything yet!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nenah)
    am getting worried!! what areyou guys talking about?? all these tests on A level stuff!! i havnt received anything yet!!
    You'll probably get something soon. The test isn't till sometime in the first semester, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Besides, it's just a backtrack to what we did at A-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siles)
    You'll probably get something soon. The test isn't till sometime in the first semester, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Besides, it's just a backtrack to what we did at A-level.
    :dito: Don't worry if you haven't received anything yet...it will get there! Don't worry about the exams either - we're all in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    The test is nothing to worry about. Unless its changed its an online multiple choice thing, that you can do from the comfort of your own computer. Relax! Its also not usually until november.

Timetables will be online from early next week and can be accessed from this page http://www.bath.ac.uk/timetable/programmes.htm. I'll put a direct link to 1st year pharmacy timetable if i remember once it comes out.

ReputationRep:
    The test is nothing to worry about. Unless its changed its an online multiple choice thing, that you can do from the comfort of your own computer. Relax! Its also not usually until november.

Timetables will be online from early next week and can be accessed from this page http://www.bath.ac.uk/timetable/programmes.htm. I'll put a direct link to 1st year pharmacy timetable if i remember once it comes out.
    Makes me feel so much better :p:
    Posting the 1st year pharm. timetable would be greatly appreciated if you could find it! Thanks for your contributions.

ReputationRep:
    So the first year pharm. timetable can be found at http://www.bath.ac.uk/timetable/programmes.htm . It seems we all have no lessons after 12.15 ones on Wednesdays.

ReputationRep:
    i dnt quite kno how to read this timetable, it seems that sometimes, there are bout 5 lessons going on at the same time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nenah)
    i dnt quite kno how to read this timetable, it seems that sometimes, there are bout 5 lessons going on at the same time!!
    Yes, apparently we get allocated into groups (e.g. A, B, C etc) and so we'll have a lesson depending on the group we're in.

ReputationRep:
    Having explained this to druggist (probably quite badly) on MSN last night... here's how your timetable works:

On arrival you are split into groups. A-L for pharmacy, M is pharmacology.

On the timetable a lot of the workshops look like: pa10236 worka/ABC

This would mean the unit is 10236, its a workshop, and groups A, B and C should attend.

Your timetable varies from week to week (the little number at th ebottom is the week number for that item). So slots are used for different things throughout the year.

When you get to bath you will be given a timetable saying which lecturers are doing which slots, etc.

As for Wednesday afternoons, lectures officially end at lunchtime on wednesdays with the afternoon being free for the sports clubs etc to play matches.

ReputationRep:
    Having explained this to druggist (probably quite badly) on MSN last night... here's how your timetable works:

On arrival you are split into groups. A-L for pharmacy, M is pharmacology.

On the timetable a lot of the workshops look like: pa10236 worka/ABC

This would mean the unit is 10236, its a workshop, and groups A, B and C should attend.

Your timetable varies from week to week (the little number at th ebottom is the week number for that item). So slots are used for different things throughout the year.

When you get to bath you will be given a timetable saying which lecturers are doing which slots, etc.

As for Wednesday afternoons, lectures officially end at lunchtime on wednesdays with the afternoon being free for the sports clubs etc to play matches.
    Thanks for all the help and contributions you've been giving regularly to this thread! Your explanations were great and it's probably my understanding that was wrong; I'm surprised you took all my endless questions.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.