Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i like it. i wore shorts like that out today though and got loads of old pervs staring, yuck

ReputationRep:
    i like it. i think the contrast works well; indeed, as someone pointed out, it's good to have a balance between a revealing bottom half and a top half that's less so (or vice versa). although obviously, once you've been dancing your heart out and get very hot, it is an excellent idea to have the vest underneath. it'll be dark and you'll probably be a wee bit tipsy so sluttiness won't matter at that point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Calm down silly, I didnt mean it like that
    Well forgive me for posting. Wear what the hell you like.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen tbh, bit 'easy' looking imo. And I certainly wouldn't recommend that sort of outfit for an alt night either, unless you want to get bottled haha.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Hawwwwwwtttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttt Supppppperrrrrrrrrrr Haaaaawwwwwwwwwwtttttttttttttttt ttt:girl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: But i would prefer bit more longer jeans :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    love it!

ReputationRep:
    Are you wearing those shoes?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it looks nice - you've got the figure to pull it off so go for it! I'd definately wear the vest top underneath incase you got hot though.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to all the 'not suitable for an alt night' posts.
    Thats really not what I was asking. I know its not a typically alternative outfit, but Im not like that. I love the music, I just happen to think that goths/emos/indie kids look a bit silly and thats not how I like to dress
    Im pierced and tattooed, you just cant see in the picture. Im sure no one would really have any objections if they were on show.
    Ive been to the alt nights at this place loads of times You can wear what you like & I can assure you no ones going to bottle you for not going out dressed like a goth. You're more likely to get bottled in that area for looking a little different.

Thanks for all the replies though

ReputationRep:
    You have nice legs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its a normal club, and its not supposed to look alternative

Just because I listen to rock/metal/grunge it doesnt mean I swagger around in full length black jackets and wear studded dog collars looking depressed. I may listen to Marilyn Manson, but I certainly dont want to dress like him.
    Hey atleast ill stand out from everyone else in there I guess lol
    Haha, amen to that!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its a normal club, and its not supposed to look alternative

Just because I listen to rock/metal/grunge it doesnt mean I swagger around in full length black jackets and wear studded dog collars looking depressed. I may listen to Marilyn Manson, but I certainly dont want to dress like him.
    Hey atleast ill stand out from everyone else in there I guess lol

Lol. I don't get your point? Love your lil rant just cos i didn't say it was amazing! I don't expect you to dress like a goth jsut because you're going to an alternative club. I guess i should have rephrased myself, and simply stated i don't think they're particularly clubbing clothes. Then again i can't imagine an alternative club being that dressy anyway. Like i said, it's just shorts and a jumper. Nothing special. Sorry if that's offensive in any way :rolleyes: Think you might need to think about what you're saying a little bit more though and not suggest people are so shallow to think that one must automatically assume that others think to listen to a particular genre of music you have to be like the artist.

ReputationRep:
    Like the shorts + shoes.
    Maybe wear a sexy plain black top. Or white.

ReputationRep:
    i like the outfit

and soooo jealous of the legs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    Lol. I don't get your point? Love your lil rant just cos i didn't say it was amazing! I don't expect you to dress like a goth jsut because you're going to an alternative club.
    Firstly why have you chosen to take it in the complete wrong way?
    It wasnt a rant atall and wasnt written in an aggressive or angry way. All I meant was that just because its an alternative club why are people (not necessarily yourself) expecting me to be all gothed up or something? If I had been going to a normal club no one would be telling me it wasnt appropriate, so I felt the need to point out that we arn't all stereotypes.
    Spoog obviously agrees :p:

Secondly, I was asking a simple question. I wasnt asking if it was nice, or if it was suitable, I essentially asked do the 2 items of clothing go together?
    Consequently yes or no would have been an acceptable answer from anyone, so believe it or not, you or anyone else telling me it was 'amazing' really wasnt top of the priority list.
    On a related note, at no point have I stated that this outfit was ever supposed to be anything special. If at any time this was the impression that you had then that is due to your own assumtions.

(Original post by .jen.)
    Think you might need to think about what you're saying a little bit more though and not suggest people are so shallow to think that one must automatically assume that others think to listen to a particular genre of music you have to be like the artist.
    I think ive made it clear throughout the thread that I am not someone who believes people need to live up to their stereotypes.
    Ive demonstrated this not only by proposing to wear an outfit that is far from being considered alternative, but also by questioning those who seem to think its an inappropriate outfit simply because its an alt club.
    If it had been a normal club no one would have said anything about its suitability, which therefore suggests that they have their own set of assumptions regarding what someone who goes to an alternative club should look like. This is exactly why I felt the need to point out that just because you listen to a certain type of music, it doesnt necessarily mean that you fit the stereotype. Go back and read the thread and im sure this will become clear to you. So you can stop trying to be patronising now and put the :rolleyes: smiley away.

At the end of the day it was you who took my initial post which had good intentions out of context. All I aimed to do was point out that not everyone who enjoys a bit of rock music can be identified by baggy jeans and long black hair, so why you are attempting to be quite so patronising and self assured is beyond me.
    I know sometimes its hard to judge in what way a post is intended as there is no tone of voice or body language to go by, but if you had genuinly believed I was having a rant it really wouldnt have been that difficult to take 2 minutes to read the rest of the thread and therefore realise that I wasnt the shallow attention person you have chosen to believe I am.

I look forward to a response aiming to justify your previous post or a mysterious annonymous neg rep at some point in the future :tsr2:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.