Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yea I don't think there's a limit - but you've got to remember that some meet up on the same nights as others, so you've got to make sure you can commit - and also it costs to join them!

Brumski is brilliant - the easter trip was such a laugh! Definately a good one.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, to all whom have expressed intention to join cheerleading... DEFINATELY GO FOR IT, you will not regret it, the tryouts alone are going to be a very fun weekend, so please come along!!
    xx Birmingham Pussycats

p.s. You will find more details of the tryouts at the sports fair

ReputationRep:
    Say you joined a society but then you want to leave it. Is that possible? If so is it easy to? Like, what are the terms and conditions in terms of leaving a society?

ReputationRep:
    if you dont wanna be part of a society any more, just dont go to the events and meetings! you're only a member for a year in most cases, and although they'll probs send you texts and emails, you dont have to read them!
    In sports societies, I'm not sure how hard it is to leave, depends on if you're part of the A or B string I guess - not really sure! But all the social societies - like the AMAZING cocktailsoc! - dont have a clause saying you have to go to everything we organise! its completely up to you.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh - those emails though - I signed up to say that I might be interested in the Krishna Conciousness society - INTERESTED - not actually joining - and I got like 2 emails EVERY week for the whole year. I finally wrote back and asked them to take me off the mailing list haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sillycow1)
    Hey guys, to all whom have expressed intention to join cheerleading... definitely GO FOR IT, you will not regret it, the tryouts alone are going to be a very fun weekend, so please come along!!
    xx Birmingham Pussycats

p.s. You will find more details of the tryouts at the sports fair
    I take it you have to have some sort of cheerleading/gymnastics/dance background to try out? Or can you just be totally pants??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lstacy69)
    if you dont wanna be part of a society any more, just dont go to the events and meetings! you're only a member for a year in most cases, and although they'll probs send you texts and emails, you dont have to read them!
    In sports societies, I'm not sure how hard it is to leave, depends on if you're part of the A or B string I guess - not really sure! But all the social societies - like the AMAZING cocktailsoc! - dont have a clause saying you have to go to everything we organise! its completely up to you.
    There's a Cocktail Soc?!?!?!! I so will be joining that one!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the President of CocktailSoc - and yes, we're amazing!!!!
    its a new society this year, so we're not on any lists that havent been updated, but we're gonna try and do some amazing things, parties, cocktail tasters and master classes etc!

ReputationRep:
    I want to join CocktailSoc

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend Circus Soc. (Purple Mermaid) You get to learn how to do Really awesome tricks. (I may have a slight Bias, as Treasurer)

The Societies Fair is in freshers week. *HIGHLY* recommend going to that, but Look through Societies List first.

Another Society to think about is Skydiving Society. What could be more fun than jumping out of a plane?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be in the Cocktail Society!

ReputationRep:
    I'M ALL UP FOR COCKTAIL SOC TOO!!! Do they teach you how to mix cocktails? or u just drink them?
    Skydiving? Although i'm sure its fun, theres still a bit of danger in it IMO. Watched one of those "most shocking videos" and a skydiver got tangled in one of those electricity wires

ReputationRep:
    ddarryl - nothing fun is completely safe, that's my universal rule. Take a walk on the wild side!

I've definitely got to join the paintballing society, and this cocktail one doesn't sound bad either. I hope making and drinking Traffic Lights is on the agenda...!

ReputationRep:
    thank you cben!
    I think the sports related societies all meet on wednesdays as that seems to be the official sports day! so I wouldnt go getting your heart set on joining loads of sporty socs just incase, i don't know if its like this at brum but just thought id say!

does anyone know if you have to be any good at skiing to join brumski? ive done it before but only on dryski slopes!
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Haha I can't help but think every time the Cocktail society is mentioned what its shortened name will be... :P!

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ I thought exactly the same!! :-S

ReputationRep:
    ^^ HAHA me too....great minds think alike hehe x

ReputationRep:
    People, what EXACTLY is wrong with a CockSoc.? Isn't that what Uni is all about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinoceros)
    People, what EXACTLY is wrong with a CockSoc.? Isn't that what Uni is all about?
    Nothing wrong at all... better safe than sorry I always say! :p:

ReputationRep:
    we werent allowed CocSoc!!!!! it has to be cocktailsoc!!!! believe me, we tried!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.