Turn on thread page Beta

chewing gum poll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I find a bin or wrap it in tissue, or swallow it.

ReputationRep:
    I always swallow it, esp when in car/train or anywhere with no bin in the immediate vicinity. Cannot be arsed to do anything else.

If chewing gum really is indeigestable, I must have loads built up in my stomach by now.

ReputationRep:
    I swallow my gum. It passes straight through your digestives system - the story about chewing gum staying in your gut for seven years is a myth. However, swallowing isn't that good for you.

ReputationRep:
    its ok to chew gum, but you are going to you should make sure you dispose of it properly i.e.-PUT IT IN THE BIN. it really does annoy me to get chewing gum stuck on my shoes especially if its new, under the table is even worse, i once got gum on my school blazer--yuck! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immortal)
    I find a bin or wrap it in tissue, or swallow it.
    i really don't think swalowing gum is good for you. here are some bizarre stories of what will happen to you if you swallow gum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    i really don't think swalowing gum is good for you. here are some bizarre stories of what will happen to you if you swallow gum.

Those are like the stories that your year 5 teacher would tell you to scare you into not chewing gum/pen lids/ swinging back on your chair etc.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.