ReputationRep:
    When is it getting switched over?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Cortez)
    When is it getting switched over?
    Not sure yet...things are coming along nicely with it though

Just keep listening out for stuff for when it will be switched over....it won't just happen suddenly, I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    J was telling me that it's going to go through a couple of stages of testing once it's all up on the dev site (e.g. the mods get to go nuts and test things). Not sure how long that is planned to take though. That's all too boring and organisational for me
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You mean if the mods can't mess it up, then no one else will?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    You mean if the mods can't mess it up, then no one else will?
    I beg to differ :pwnd:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i was trying to imply mods break everything - but i know thats not true...

ReputationRep:
    Going by the fact I broke TSR to the extent Talya started hyperventilating earlier...
    (admittedly I knew I was going to break it but did it anyway cos I wanted to do something)
    More that we do magical and mysterious things and Acumen/GT wouldn't understand our occult mysteries without us poking them :cool:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    see what i mean - mods break things 'intentionally' it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    My avatar = most appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    How did you manage to break it Acaila?
    Geez, on at 4:30am, that's commitment for you :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thats early for Acaila!

Anyway on topic...

New site design... yeah its great

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen it so i wouldn't know
    What's so great about it?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You'll find out in due course.

ReputationRep:
    Still no confirmation on whether there will be an option to keep things exactly how they are...

ReputationRep:
    I think TSR is great as it is but the way they keep talking about it, I'm feeling impatient cause i wanna see what all the fuss is about
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by vector)
    Still no confirmation on whether there will be an option to keep things exactly how they are...
    J has just confirmed in the Wiki forum that there will be no option to view the wiki in it's current skin only in the new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    It's a lot of work for us to have the option to keep things as they are due to the amount of customisation thats going on. We hope that you like the new site look when it is launched and in fact prefer it when you get used to it.

However if after launch, when things have settled down, if there is an overwhelming desire for a 'classic TSR look' then we will look into developing it and other skins.

ReputationRep:
    Pleaaase can we have a red TSR skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J)
    It's a lot of work for us to have the option to keep things as they are due to the amount of customisation thats going on. We hope that you like the new site look when it is launched and in fact prefer it when you get used to it.

However if after launch, when things have settled down, if there is an overwhelming desire for a 'classic TSR look' then we will look into developing it and other skins.
    That sucks beyond anything else that's happened in this whole redesign thing.

I see where your coming from though, so won't moan now. Do however expect regular 'reminders' about a TSR classic skin in a couple of months :p:

ReputationRep:
    The forums you can basically view as they are just with a slightly different skin, at least at the moment (bear in mind I'm not anybody official on this, I just had a look yesterday).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.