Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a very temporary fashion, I think. In a year or two cardigans will once again become the icons of the over-70s. I think they look ok on some people, and awful on others. It also depends what you wear them with.

ReputationRep:
    Fat boys should not wear cardigans but it seems some of them haven't got the memo yet....

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah thats true.

For some reason, I notice a lot of guys carrying a bit of weight who wear proper scenester clothes - really tight, white skinny jeans, the big hairdoes etc. Not a good look. Stuff like that can look stupid if you over-do it even if you're really good looking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clyn)
    Morrissey-chic
    They can look quite cute but it's a *very* tricky look to pull off.
    I'd say pair it with a funny T-shirt to offset the indearing geekiness in an unexpected fashion.
    i agree.

i think the stereotypical indie kid can pull one off, but if a chavy boy wears one with a lacoste polo he just looks..gay.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear a v-neck sweater, for Christ's sake.

ReputationRep:
    Generally no - sometimes a grey cardi can look good imo, but in the main you'll look like you busted into grandpa's wardrobe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    cardigans on guys = HOTT!
    not if youre under 5ft 10 tho!

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I think they look lovely. Then again the staple of my wardrobe is cardigans, so it may be a bias.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who thinks their fashionable should know that cardigans + all knitwear are gonna be massive! in autumn/winter 07.

Best colours grey, black, blue and
    yellow is big this season.

ReputationRep:
    cardigans on guys - yes
    providing of course that they can pull it off :p:

ReputationRep:
    Only a few people can pull it off. My boyfriend is thin built and tall so is able to do this.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, i work in sports world and some chavs are coming in wearing XL ones from primark, all the buttons up. looks awful.

get a small, do the bottom 2 buttons up and roll up the sleeves.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Proof that guys can look great in cardigans:

:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Absolutely. There's nothing to gain and everything to lose by wearing a cardigan instead of a sweater. I've not seen a cardigan ever look good on a man. There are plenty of garments for men to wear on the upper body so I can't for a minute understand why people feel the need to wear these godawful 'fashion' cardigans.

It really is beyond me how it's become fashionable to look like a gay version of my grandad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnlyMe!)
    Proof that guys can look great in cardigans:

:love:
    And that's better than him wearing a v-neck sweater how? If he looks good, it's certainly not down to the cardigan.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    But it suits him...

(Original post by OnlyMe!)
    But it suits him...
    ...but thats not the point.

Yeah he looks good, but not because of the cardigan.

A v-neck would do exactly the same job without making you think he went through his grandfather's wardrobe to get it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.