Turn on thread page Beta

Getting a job at uni, not sure about something watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMed)
    Are you sure you want to work sundays? I would prefer Saturdays tbh, as it means I'll be able to go out Saturday and recover on Sunday. Also, while it may not be a huge problem in the city, you'll have to work with Sunday service buses, which are a pain.

I suppose if you can get to sleep easily and dont drink too much it's not too bad to work Sundays, but after a night out it takes me an hour to calm down enough to sleep.
    In my experience, students rarely go out on Saturdays unless it is to the union because prices go up in all of the other bars and clubs as it is not a student night. Therefore I would suggest that the OP would be better off working Sundays as she has been doing especially because there is rarely that much to do on a Sunday. It tended to be sleep day for us so we didn't emerge from our rooms until about 4 and then stayed up most the night.

ReputationRep:
    Some stores pay time and a half for Sundays anyway. If i lost my Sunday shift when I go to uni, I'd lose about half my week's wages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    Some stores pay time and a half for Sundays anyway. If i lost my Sunday shift when I go to uni, I'd lose about half my week's wages!
    That's a very good point!

I was just thinking about this, if you wanted to work in an office part time surely they just wouldn't give you the job because you are going to be gone for about 5 months of the year? I am applying to a uni in London next year and have found some office type jobs I wouldlike to do and there are plenty of vacancies but London is so far away from home and I wouldn't want to stay there in the summer when everyone else has gone home

ReputationRep:
    where i used to work the uni people only worked the hols and this worked out great for the company coz the peek times matched up perfectly with uni holls they also offered transfers etc etc go for pizza hut guys its the way forrward.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.