Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting an NUS extra card cos i get it free with my student bank account. It looks like it'll be definately worth getting it cos you can get loads of discounts by using it. I think it would be worth getting it now cos it only lasts for a year: Sept 2007 - sept 2008.

ReputationRep:
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

"Thank you for your email.

We do not require your student support number, as all our systems use the Student ID number.

If you have any queries or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emma Townsend

Finance Office

University of Birmingham

0121 414 5843

"

Woop ALL SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJV)
    I asked my uni about the Student Support Number and they told me to look at the loan documents (apparently it's supposed to be on every document - it wasn't on a single one) and if that doesn't work, then contact Student Loans Company to find out what this number is. I did, and they said the uni is being stupid, as not everyone has a Student Supprot Number. They said to ask the university for the number.

So I found a code with the correct amount of numbers and letters, removed the slashes etc and wrote that down. Let's hope that keeps the uni peoples happy. :rolleyes:

The whole jungle of numbers and letters is slightly ridiculous, to be honest. Why do our loan applications need to have some pointless "Student Support Number" when we already have the "ART ID". :confused:
    If there's anything I've discovered in the past few weeks, its that LEA's are totally incompetent!

The other day I got a letter back saying there were yet more things wrong with my form, even though I'd already sent it back the once! It was for a different part of the form the 2nd time around..why couldn't they have just sent all the missing bits together?!?! My loan got held back because of that ****-up.

Also, instead of posting all the clarification bits to everyone in my house in a letter each, I got 2 letters from them, and my parents got 3 each. Talk about a waste on postal costs and a waste of trees.

ReputationRep:
    TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!

And the thing is................ probably about 95% of students use them EVERY YEAR!!!!!

My dad:

"you need a bloody degree to fill out these forms!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    If there's anything I've discovered in the past few weeks, its that LEA's are totally incompetent!

The other day I got a letter back saying there were yet more things wrong with my form, even though I'd already sent it back the once! It was for a different part of the form the 2nd time around..why couldn't they have just sent all the missing bits together?!?! My loan got held back because of that ****-up.

Also, instead of posting all the clarification bits to everyone in my house in a letter each, I got 2 letters from them, and my parents got 3 each. Talk about a waste on postal costs and a waste of trees.
    I know what you mean... our LEA is totally incompetent too...
    We took the evidence to our LEA's HQ *by hand* to make sure they got all the stuff they needed, and did the PFF1 (the parents' income one) on the internet... and then a few weeks ago they sent us a letter with 2 forms in it saying they hadn't received our forms, and could we please do them! >.<! We rang them up (well, we rang student support direct up first cos our LEA put the wrong number on their letter) and FINALLY got it sorted out after about 10 minutes on the phone.... Stupid, stupid government!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charberto)
    "You need a bloody degree to fill out these forms!"

Brilliant!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.