Turn on thread page Beta

What do you guys think of the SE P1? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I'm thinking of returning the phone. The keypad's no longer a problem - in fact I quite like it. But I've never used a smart phone before, and didn't realize basic tasks like texting would become so cumbersome. On my w810i I hit 2 keys and I've got a text message open. Once I've finished the text it shows me the most recent contacts I've sent messages to. On the p1i I can admittedly use a shortcut to go straight to a text message at the touch of a button. But then to choose who I want to send the text to I have to open up my phonebook and search for the contact. It's a bit of a pain when I'm moving around. And in the 'to' bit I can't just put 'Dad' - I have to find Dad from my phonebook.

I was also looking forward to being able to scribble my own notes, but the amount of screen space you get is useless for me. I also can't find a way of scrolling down to create more space.

The whole menu system is just slow compared to my w810i. It does have a lot more features though. The golf game it comes with is fun to play and excellent graphically (for a phone obviously).

Maybe iTalya will disagree, but I don't think this is a phone you can easily use if you're someone who's used to firing off quick texts without needing to pay much attention while on the move.

ReputationRep:
    Sending a text

1. Open new message
    2. Click 'contacts' at the bottom of the screen
    3. A menu will come up displaying your most recent contacts used for texts or you can choose to navigate to the address book
    4. Choose contact
    5. click done and move on to typing text messge...

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to get this. Only around £280 on eBay. Hm.

ReputationRep:
    You can get it on contract cheap, £35 a month, 500 minutes and 1000 texts for 18 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    You can get it on contract cheap, £35 a month, 500 minutes and 1000 texts for 18 months.
    My contract was 24 months, £25 a month. 400 mins and 1000 texts. £40 for the phone. Just sold my old O2 phone that I got free for £70 on eBay so yay.

So that's another option

ReputationRep:
    I upgraded my O2 line yesterday so hopefully it'll arrive today! I'll let you know how I get on when it arrives...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.