Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    No. I have a club in the works (I think I got to about 15 members before A Levels came around and I lost track) called the 'Russell Brand Is a Filthy, Disease-Ridden Paedophile, And Given Half a Chance I'd Give Him a Swift Kick In The Throat' club.

Anybody wanna join? I'm not sure what our ultimate goal is yet, but it feels good to see a list of names united against that shrill *******.
    His comedy is OK, nothing special. Calling him a 'Filthy, Disease-Ridden Paedophile' because of that would be a bit harsh, but upon reading his Wiki page I understand why you might have started that club.

Brand was born in Grays, Essex, England, as the only child of Barbara Elizabeth Nichols and Ronald Henry Brand who married in 1969 and separated in 1978 when Russell was three. Brand's relationship with his father has always been complicated. At the age of 16 the two traveled to the Far East, where they shared a room and slept with prostitutes. [4] Brand made his theatrical debut aged fifteen, in Bugsy Malone as Fat Sam, and his performances earned him a council funded education at the Italia Conti Academy, which lead to a three-year scholarship at Drama Centre in Chalk Farm. Brand is a former heroin addict, alcoholic and has had numerous run-ins with the law, having been arrested eleven times,[5]; he was also expelled from the Italia Conti Academy when he was younger. During the time of his addiction, he was known for his debauchery, a notable example being his ejection from The Gilded Balloon in Edinburgh.[6] He has been free from heroin addiction since 2003, and is now a patron of the addiction charity Focus 12. His abandonment of drugs and alcohol was supposedly instigated by John Noel, Brand's manager.[7] He did so with the help of the Hare Krishnas, to whom he feels "indebted".[8] He hosted a forum show about drugs for Channel 4 in 2006, which had a similar format to that of Big Brother's Big Mouth, and his stand-up show Better Now drew extensively on his experiences with addiction.[9]
    Etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I also listen to him everytime I can he is the best podcaster

ReputationRep:
    I love him! I try to catch his Radio 2 show whenever i can. He has such a sweet smile and lovely eyes, and contrary to most people's opinions I actually like his fashion sense. I loved him and Noel Fielding so much on the 'Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2006'. I agree he does go a bit over-the-top now and again and I understand why people might think bad of him, but I personally think he's great.

ReputationRep:
    They had *better* be back for the Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2007 - it just won't be as good without them!

ReputationRep:
    No. I have a club in the works (I think I got to about 15 members before A Levels came around and I lost track) called the 'Russell Brand Is a Filthy, Disease-Ridden Paedophile, And Given Half a Chance I'd Give Him a Swift Kick In The Throat' club.

Anybody wanna join? I'm not sure what our ultimate goal is yet, but it feels good to see a list of names united against that shrill *******.
    Where do I sign up? I can get a couple of effigies if you like?

ReputationRep:
    anyone who has ever met him will realise he's just an arrogant ******* and all that apparently spontaneous wit is usually read from an autocue, sorry if that seems a but harsh but i was like madly in love with they guy til i watched one of his show's being filmed and it was totally unimpressive along with him himself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariezo)
    anyone who has ever met him will realise he's just an arrogant ******* and all that apparently spontaneous wit is usually read from an autocue, sorry if that seems a but harsh but i was like madly in love with they guy til i watched one of his show's being filmed and it was totally unimpressive along with him himself
    I can see how he could be like that but his on screen persona is boss He used to make me laugh so much on BBBM.

ReputationRep:
    His retort to Bob Geldof was class, however:

"Bob Geldof, there: no wonder he's such an expert on famine; he has, after all, been dining out on 'I Don't Like Mondays' for thirty years."

ReputationRep:

:itsme: Count me in

Although that above comment on Bob Geldof is pretty class. Whoever gets paid to write Brand's stuff sure has talent :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katrin_tara)
    They had *better* be back for the Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2007 - it just won't be as good without them!
    Damn straight, I'm looking forward to it! :suith:Goth Detectives:suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S a n d h u)
    His comedy is OK, nothing special. Calling him a 'Filthy, Disease-Ridden Paedophile' because of that would be a bit harsh, but upon reading his Wiki page I understand why you might have started that club.
    Etc etc.
    I don't see how any of that points to paedophile. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Me neither!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidintheriot)
    I don't see how any of that points to paedophile. :confused:
    I think its just one of those things people throw up when their annoyed with someone.

ReputationRep:
    Oh he's not a paedo. I don't like him, but he's not a paedophile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esteban89)
    I also listen to him everytime I can he is the best podcaster
    definately, although matt is so underappreciated, he has a sexy voice :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    bleh, i'm still a fan but the above poster who said he'd descended into a caricature of himself is so right. i don't find his recent stuff as amusing as, say, the 6music radio shows. and the older standup material was funnier, i think.

that said, the manchester radio show in july was funny as SO glad i went to it.

ReputationRep:
    His add playing that song (I think it's the feeling, can't remember) is quite good :p:

ReputationRep:
    I love his new advert

ReputationRep:
    I think he's awesome. Honestly, he's a genius. It's a shame that he's a sex addict though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LinMolko321)
    I love his new advert
    Finally, someone who agrees

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.