Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it has a good rep, post graduate school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    How bad at maths are we talking? I believe the mathematics in Economics won't go beyond A level and maybe just a bit more than GCSE maths - though it would mainly be statistical. I think city shouldn't be too maths based (except maybe financial mathematics?) - It comes down to exactly how decent is your maths ability.
    :eek: i think you'll find there is a reason cambridge asks for further maths when going into economics.

you'll probably need a good understanding of things like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOlympiac)
    :eek: i think you'll find there is a reason cambridge asks for further maths when going into economics.

you'll probably need a good understanding of things like this.
    That is just math speak for
    a function with averaged values being less greater then function with the x component being specific... (general)

Decoding requires a math dictionary, not further math.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legend Killer)
    1) Im not very good at maths, and didn't take it at A level

2) I have an extreme passion for economics

Armed with these two points, Will I struggle with economics at uni (London unis apart from UCL/LSE)?

Help from anyone would be lifesaving !
    Tell me about your love for Economics. Convince me it is not just infatuation. i.e. convince me that it is based on a true representation of what economics is and not a false image.

i.e. say what features of it you like and I may be able to re-direct you to your true calling. Or you may “win” and convince me that you are indeed an Economist

i.e. given your facts 1) and 2)must likely explanation is that what you love is not what they teach and hence you should doing something else.

i.e. what are you good at?
    Paul

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 1, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.