Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    and the other day my boyfriend, whos away at the moment, decided to phone me up and tell me that he was going to kill himself, my response to that was to go out and get rather drunk three nights in a row
    Sorry, but do you even realised how selfish that sounds?!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    and last night i ended up, with my friend, at a 29 year olds house, who ive known for ages, not just a randomer, and i was considering having sex with him,
    You've turned the situation of a break-up and the suffering if your ex, into a selfish, more complex one!

Here's some advice for you (and I am fairly experienced in offering advice to people now):

Stop thinking of yourself and put that relationship to bed (excuse the pun) for good. Get all that out of the way and THEN move on.

hes not, i have spoken to him like everyday! it just gets a bit much when hes crying down the phone

ReputationRep:
    I mean you might meet a guy one day 10 years from now etc who you may wish was your first... but end of the day you dont know if thats going to happen or not, but I do think its better to be in a relationship with someone you lose your virginity to just for the fact that you're bound to feel more comfortable etc with them

ReputationRep:
    Just do it when YOU feel ready, i lost mine at 18 too because my friends said i should have had sex by now and i regretted it and wish i'd have waited coz i wasn't ready at all!. To be honest it's not that big a thing, just do it when you feel ready to and don't let age pressure you into it, i have known alot of people who haven't done it until their early/mid 20's .. being more comfortable with the person and in a relationship DOES help it takes the pressure off makes you feel better about doing it, my first time was with a friend who had no emotional attatchment to me but i did to him and because of this my college years 16-18 were awful, after we did it he seemed to think he owned me, it was horrible! Just make sure you know your own mind before you do it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    To be honest I think your ex is only doing that for attention. Really it is up to you, if you want a relationship I wouldn't sleep with him, however if you just want to have a fling then go for it, however you do run the risk of getting hurt. Choice is yours though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.