Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok... well I got an offer for Warwick for Politics and International studies with:
    GCSE - 2 A*'s, 7 A's 3 B's and 1 C. With
    AS - BBBC in English Lit, Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
    Predicted A-level grades of AAB in English Lit, Politics and Biology(which was my course requirement).
    I also dropped two AS's and chose to do a whole A-level in one year in my second year of college.

I had an excellent PS which I very much geared to what the Warwick admissions office for my department said they wanted and I got an offer.

But basically my advice to you is forget about your exams until the day before your results come out. Enjoy your summer, hope for sunshine and eat ice cream! I am sure you have done better than you think.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure on how strict they are with AS grades, if your predicted grades are high then that's handy but unfortunately they can't give out offers if they don't believe it possible you will get the A2 grades (in other words if you think you can get the grades and persuade them you can then you should get an offer, that's how it works with the maths department anyway, almost every reasonable applicant gets an offer, then they have to make it quite strictly, no sort of "I got 10% lower in this subject, can I still come". At least that's what I was told last year). GCSEs would basically be ignored, they're irrelevant for almost all subjects given you get the required/general a-level offer.
    And just so you don't expect other posters to reply, this thread is 2 years old, check the dates.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs....
    I had two A* , a B and some Cs. I possibly even got a D in science xD I can't remember. (I seriously struggle with maths and science, but I wasn't applying to study something like that, I got the A* in the two subjects I applied here to study & that seemed OK).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.