Turn on thread page Beta

predicted grades watch

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well say I meet the minimum requirments for the particular subject, I guess they'd predict you the lowest *good* pass, hence a C?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violent_Begger)
    why would you want a prediction now then? You can't apply to uni's unless you already done your AS Levels and going on o A2's. That is unless your doing your AS & A2 this year:confused:

"enlighten" us (with more detail)
    I like predictions, as they provide you with a target, for which I aim to strive for!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well there isn't much you can do now, but there is some stuff.

Make sure you are teachers pet from the set go of returning to college/school. Turn up on time, be extra good, try and study up in preparation for your A2 classes and impress them with your knowledge in class. Always try and have a go at questions in class but be moderate with it. If you’re doing an essay based subject, you could do some essays now and hand them in to get marked. Inform them of your re-sit plans and show some active preparation around them. Engage with the teachers, in class and out, talking about the subject mainly and other stuff secondly.

I kind of did this passively the whole year and it builds up a special 'teachers pet' relationship that has worked out well for me :p: , but i don't know how effective doing all this will be on your predicted grades now. However it’s all worth a try, you have nothing to lose.

My politics teacher predicted someone last year a B after they got C at AS, they done resists and come A2 scrapped an A. A girl I personally knew got BBD at AS and got ABB at A2. So it all depends on you and how much you can convince your teacher, with supported reason and evidence. Some teachers I know don’t believe AS’s are the best or only way to make realistic predictions and have been proven right the hard way. Another ex A2 student I knew got predicted C for Business and ended up getting an A, his University offers suffered as a consequence.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i think usually a prediction from GCSE to AS is 1 grade lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    i think usually a prediction from GCSE to AS is 1 grade lower.
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    :mad: That means i'll be predited: CCCC

Some how, I don't think i'm going to achieve the AABb, I wished for at the end of A2

ReputationRep:
    Well beat those predictions then
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If you work harder than you did, you should manage to beat them. Its all about motivating yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSHowarth)
    :mad: That means i'll be predited: CCCC

Some how, I don't think i'm going to achieve the AABb, I wished for at the end of A2
    but you've not even started your AS level let alone need good predictions for University. So why do you care so much

ReputationRep:
    It makes me unconfident. If that's what i'm excpected to achieve, it kind of indicates, i'm not going to achieve better:mad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    if your going to have that attitude you won't even make the C's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    if your going to have that attitude you won't even make the C's.
    In all fairness, you have no idea what i'm going to achieve
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    And neither do you it seems - Put the work in you can get A's/B's- but if you think you can't or won't do it, then you'll give up, and get bad grades. Just forget about your GCSE results, they don't matter. predictions don't matter - they aren't the be all and end all of a UCAS application. Just think about the future, study hard, if you don't understand anything ask - its the best way to achieving good grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanSHowarth)
    It makes me unconfident. If that's what i'm excpected to achieve, it kind of indicates, i'm not going to achieve better:mad:
    No it doesn't. I was predicted a C/D for Business and received an A at AS. It all depends on how you take it. Some people take the prediction negatively and become a self-full filling prophecy, while others become a self defeating prophecy and rebel, have 'I’ll show you' attitude. As long as you know what you are capable of, that is all what matters at your stage.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I feel that gcse are harder than AS levels. Maybe its because we do less lessons or we've matured more eitherway if your gcse grades are better than your AS predictions then don't worry and just prove your teachers wrong.

ReputationRep:
    ...Or because you do subjects you like at AS/A2.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.