Turn on thread page Beta

I feel as though I have underchieved too in career terms. Its hard, esp knowing that the people who thought so little of you can be happy seeing your failure...but as they say one closed door leads to an open door which is much nicer inside...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well to be completely honest I have pretty much underachieved in career terms.
    Considering the background I'm from, I haven't done much and it the prospects don't look spectacular at the moment, having daid that there's lots I'd like to do.
    Then strive for it. Nothing's impossible, you just have to work hard for what you want. And you sound perfectly capable to me.

Thing is, I think you should be hoping to succeed for your own internal feelings/hopes and dreams or whatever. Try not to lean on what others/bullies think or once thought of you. You don't have to be the person they see you as. Be your own person.

Believe me, once you land on your feet, move on and have somewhere to head for, things look up a hell of a lot.

Good luck

Becca <3.

I agree with becca! Nicely said.

Thanks again people. Rep for Becca.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.