Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was going to spend around £2000 on my first car until I found a spotless X Reg for £850 Bargin!

ReputationRep:
    My first car set me back £1800 purchase price. I think I spent the same again on it though in mods and maintainence. Stage 2 engine was half that.

Current car cost £1600 from an old boy. I dragged it out of the garage it was stood in with three wheels locked on solid! lol.
    Proberbly thrown £5k at it now.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 54 Ka Collection, really reliable, comfortable and it does have a bit of get up and and go in it. My freind bought a T Reg Ford Ka and never had a days issue with it, very reliable little motors but can be thirsty on the petrol. With the air con on mine drinks it like an alcoholic at an open bar.

ReputationRep:
    I never had the Ka down as a heavy fuel drinker What engine does it have?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a bit worried if your KA is drinking alot of petrol! Apart from the SportKA they're all 1.3i 8v, which originally had 60bhp, but was increased slightly to 70bhp in 2002ish I think. Should do well over 40mpg!

Danjones- you been revving the *******s off your KA lol?

A Polo all the way! German reliability is indistinguishable
    Well said, I've got a 1999 V reg polo its done a 100,000 miles and touch wood its ok.

I picked it up for a grand? I'm not sure if this was a good price?

ReputationRep:
    Mines a 1.3, i filled it up with 1/2 a tank yesterday and the trip said it did 173 miles when i filled back up in asda today, its going in for its first MOT on thursday so hopefully theres nowt wrong with it lmao.

ReputationRep:
    You could try a Saxo, but to be honest I've had a bit of trouble with mine. My uncle said 'don't trust French cars,' but really I think it depends on mileage and the temperament of the past owners, so see if you can find out what kind of people owned the car you're going for. My car had done about 83k so that might explain the fact that it's beginning to suffer now.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an 02 Ford Ka collection- light blue colour coded (30,000 mileage) and it's fantastic. It cost around £3000.
    My parents refused point blank to get me a French car (not that we are Francophobes or anything) but because they are generally more unreliable than Japanese cars for example, or fords. A lot of my friends have clios/saxos and they seem to have a lot of problems with them, whereas other firends who have fiestas/ka's don't seem to have them!
    A nice ford fiesta/ka would be great, also Toyota Yaris, Vauxhall corsas etc are good first cars.
    Hope this helps a little

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.