Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh's a good, academic course and is definitely worthy of consideration, especially if your remark is successful. As far as King's is concerned, it now has more applications per place than other university music department in the UK; they've decided to lower the number of places available from about 50 to 35 and told us at the open day that they no longer give offers to nearly everyone who is predicted at least AAB. But are you sure you really want to do an academic music degree if there are other areas in which, at least according to your results, you are stronger?

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in Music yet got offered at the A unis. If they want you and you want them enough they'll lower the grades for you. I was declined at Manchester and then I explained that I'd come on a lot since AS, but AS dragged my grade down and sent off some compositions to Manchester which I had done more recently and they offered me the place based on the compositions - also got some feedback which was kinda nice Don't give up just because of AS grades!

Also in Music Tech I got AAA in my 3 modules at AS and at A2 I didn't do too well... I got ACU and still ended up with an A overall. You can get good grades at A2 despite your AS grades being less than you want - just means you gotta work harder.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.