Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they fo'sure related. Like already said, its to see if you drop it like its hot.

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact that you moitor the hits so much is a bit sad ;console;
    Doesnt it add on whenever you go to it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    I think the fact that you moitor the hits so much is a bit sad ;console;
    Doesnt it add on whenever you go to it anyway?
    No, lol. It doesn't. And I just notice because out of habit, whenever I refresh the page to check messages, I usually look at the hits to see if I get a couple more. It's not really keeping track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BornUnderPunches)
    No, lol. It doesn't. And I just notice because out of habit, whenever I refresh the page to check messages, I usually look at the hits to see if I get a couple more. It's not really keeping track
    Theres a name int there for people who really weally care about the hit count and whether they have messages, something like a myspace sore or something:confused: ? Its a bit sad putting it in your sig on here though isnt it , i mean don't you have enough real friends who you have added to look at your myspace?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiex)
    Theres a name int there for people who really weally care about the hit count and whether they have messages, something like a myspace sore or something:confused: ? Its a bit sad putting it in your sig on here though isnt it , i mean don't you have enough real friends who you have added to look at your myspace?
    ... lots of people have their myspaces in their signatures. I haven't put "Add me, add me - I'm lonely!" After all, I'm the only person who sees the numbers. It's just considered an extension of my profile on here, for people who want to click.

I could make assumptions about you, too, you know.

ReputationRep:
    meow!

ReputationRep:
    is this your way of getting more myspace views :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I never paid attention to MySpace hits...'til now.

So many hits, yet I bet most of those people never tried adding me.

It may have something to do with the fact my profile is private...possibly.

ReputationRep:
    People often click on links in sigs, especially when they are bored, so it should come as no surprise when you put a link in your sig and it gets clicked. Why do you think so many people have websites selling products or services in their sigs?

I rarely click on a myspace link unless I have to though. I hate myspace more than an anorexic hates their reflection.

ReputationRep:
    I have a link to my myspace in my sig, but it's so small and discreet I reckon not many people notice it's there, let alone bother to click it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redef1ne)
    I have a link to my myspace in my sig, but it's so small and discreet I reckon not many people notice it's there, let alone bother to click it!
    I've noticed it.

Why hello there :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangle)
    I've noticed it.

Why hello there :flutter:
    Ahh...it's understated yet still noticeable then. Good!
    And hi

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at it because i'm a wee bit nosey. Great playlist :five:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh...it's understated yet still noticeable then. Good!
    And hi
    To be honest, I only noticed it because you just said it was in your signature But i'm sure I would've seen it at some point anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you make a chart and compare correlation.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's been up for ages to no avail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangle)
    To be honest, I only noticed it because you just said it was in your signature But i'm sure I would've seen it at some point anyway.
    Haha...don't worry, i'll let you off. Just this once.

ReputationRep:
    I saw yours! Although, i didn't click.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, and this thread accumulated even more hits for you. =P

Its quite a good idea actually because I didn't know what to put as my signature so I've just stuck in my bebo link now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.