MP3 Player on plane? Watch

Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by theArchitect)
Larger electrical items like laptops have to go through security in separate trays to your bag. You may also have to show it running to security.

As for in-flight, it varies between airlines - usually it's ok as long as it's not during take off or landing and all WiFi and bluetooth options are turned off. It's best to check with cabin crew before using it.

Some airlines have banned the use of laptops with Sony batteries (this can include some IBMs and Macs IIRC) as there were reports of them catching fire a while ago.
Ok well ill be flying with British Airways, i couldnt find anything thier site about it, you know if they're fine with laptops?
beach surf babe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't forget that a laptop case counts as 1 piece of hand baggage and as your only allowed 1 piece of hand baggage, you won't be able to take any other hand baggage on.
princess_bratty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can take up to 100ml of liquid which includes make up and has to be in a clear plastic bag which you can get for free at the airport. Anything in duty free doesn't count by the way!

The phone thing isn't even a major thing they just make it out to be in case. I went to Mauritius last year and my phone turned itself on (somehting must have pressed on the button) half an hour before landing and I was nearly weeing myself because i was sat by a stewardess and couldn;t turn it off but I kept feeling it vibrating in my bag (a message welcoming me to mauritius vodafone or whatever)...

when I got down my sister told me she'd been at the back of the plane drinking with the stewards and getting their numbers and they were like 'yeah turn your phone on its fine!'

not that i advise it. i'm just saying!!
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Revd. Mike)
Going back to that mobiles phones on the underground thing...where did you hear that? Sounds like an UL to me...
It is. I was on the tube the next day going to work and had no problems having my phone on me.

I'd of been surprised if people would have gone without their phone on them - just in case something happened - you'd want your phone on you so that you can let people know (if you were able to get signal...)
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
Electrical items do not disrupt the navigation equipment on aircraft. You're allowed any of them - just do what the staff say if they ask you to do something and you're fine.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (137)
80.59%
No (33)
19.41%

Watched Threads