air travel Watch

space_aura
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
thanks for all comments!

i think a lot of annoyance stems from being very close to a lot of other people, in a contained environment, with no escape
argh!!
londonkid89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fezzy)
am i the only one who likes air travel? emirates frequent flyer :P
No you're not, though i'm quite jealous that you fly Emirates frequently! A skywards member by any chance?
luke o
Report 11 years ago
The only problem I have with air travel is waiting to get off the plane as it seems to take forever. As for that I love flying, best form of transport.
fezzy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by londonkid89)
No you're not, though i'm quite jealous that you fly Emirates frequently! A skywards member by any chance?
hehe yes skywards... love emirates... the uniforms really do it for me last month i got about 17,000 miles in the space of about 8 days :P hehe i used to do like 15K miles every year for 5/6 years running.. but back then i didnt have skywards
Hashem
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive had my fair bit of air travel and to be honest i love every stinking second of it. generally speaking im an aviation fenatic so flying is like practical experience on the fuselage vibration relative to the landing and departure positions

i love everymoment of it
i love how your ears pop every second because of the airpressure
i love how the guy behind you snores like a pig
i love how the guy infront of you has a kid that would peek on you every now and then
i love how the plane thrusts into high speed when its taking off
i love how the plane feels suddenly low weighted after the rear end tyres lift off
i love how when the plane leaves ground that very second you suddenly climb your window view from ground floor to 50th floor in 5 seconds
i love how home from above is so much homey
i love how you get angry when you miss the food because your asleep
i love how you miss the flight when it lands
i love how the plane shakes fiercly when the reverse shafts come after landing
i love how you look outside your window at the new place you just arrived at
i love seeing those tiny cars pass by the plane when its taxing
i love how you have to wait for a long time beside the toilet that you start talking to somebody on there
i love how you know alot about half the people you an see from your seat in a 7 hour flight the way the snore how they hold their husband and how they treat their kids its like your all sorority for 7 hours
i love jet lag
i love how you try to sleep but cant
i love how you look at the first class seats when you pass by to your economy seat
i love how sometimes when you get in the pilots door is not entirely closed
i love how your ankles hurt from their stationary stay
i love the tiny bathroom where you suddenly get privay on such a packed place
i love air travel
Horatio Caine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hashem)
ive had my fair bit of air travel and to be honest i love every stinking second of it. generally speaking im an aviation fenatic so flying is like practical experience on the fuselage vibration relative to the landing and departure positions
There was an Australian fella on Airline the other day, and he flew all the way to Luton (I think) and his 'holiday' was taking as many flights as he could in 48 hours. He flew to Amsterdam, Dublin, Barcelona, Liverpool etc and he absolutely loved air travel. He kept a log book and everything, and he went into the captain's deck or whatever it's called, he was absolutely mad about aviation. When he got to Amsterdam it was snowing so he stood outside because he'd never felt snow before. :rofl:

I think he'd been on hundreds of flights all around the world throughout his life. That's what you call a fanatic. :p:
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what a holiday lol
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (468)
46.89%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (305)
30.56%
I don't have an opinion (225)
22.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed