Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, you get a registration pack, which is Username and password for mybham.ac.uk. So you can use the email (though its down) and get your ID card in freshers week (you dont have to do anything special, eg sign up, but you cant an id card without registering). Its also how you pay your fees. Then you get a couple of postcards talking about little bits of the Uni, eg personal skills awards and stuff, and then a student handbook, which is like a mini prospectus without course info, with maps of the campuses, info about the guild, etc etc. Oh, and a freshers week timetable, although only the International students stuff seems specified: for everyone else it just says "Welcome Week events." So its all just a formality really: registration so you can get your ID card and pay your fees.

ReputationRep:
    You can still get to email at http://owa.bham.ac.uk/, just so you know. But you have to put ADF\ before your username, ie ADF\ABC123.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, cool thanks! Although it seems a bit pointless since I don't have anyone's address! I could just sit there like a loner waiting for some admin. staff to email me a generic comment

ReputationRep:
    Only thing I've used mine for is to email my department and for updates on a helpdesk call I opened, lol.

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh........ i could just imagine the "disgruntled" population shifting to the "finally-got-mine-phew!" population.

still haven't got mine. called the housing services staff to send me an email as well as the post.

ReputationRep:
    oops wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00sharrow)
    You can still get to email at http://owa.bham.ac.uk/, just so you know. But you have to put ADF\ before your username, ie ADF\ABC123.
    00sharrow- you are the font of all knowledge! You seem to know everything about Birmingham uni! it's amazing- where did you find it all out?!

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks!! All I can say is I've read what they've sent me, and had a wander around my.bham online, it's quite useful. And, of course, a lot of this comes from TSR, and Facebook!

Plus, every one of us is going to come across virtually the same problems, so when one person solves them word spreads fast!

|| Sam

ReputationRep:
    Did we have send some kind of document after we registered? I've done everything but can't help but wonder why the brown envelope was included in the pack. Please help, I'm worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colouredtwista)
    Did we have send some kind of document after we registered? I've done everything but can't help but wonder why the brown envelope was included in the pack. Please help, I'm worried
    That's to send back a copy of your financial notification- look at your Student registration guide 07-08 (blue booklet) you got in your welcome pack/registration pack, page 16, under "student finance direct (for home/eu undergraduate and PGCE students only)" section- that's if you get a loan for your tuition fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyd)
    That's to send back a copy of your financial notification- look at your Student registration guide 07-08 (blue booklet) you got in your welcome pack/registration pack, page 16, under "student finance direct (for home/eu undergraduate and PGCE students only)" section- that's if you get a loan for your tuition fee.
    Thanks! What's the address on the envelope? I threw it away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colouredtwista)
    Thanks! What's the address on the envelope? I threw it away
    It's Income Section
    Finance Office
    University of Birmingham
    Edgbaston
    Birmingham
    B15 2TT
    You shouldn't have thrown it away- it was freepost!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Can someone tell me which letter/form the "financial assesment" which they want sent actually refers to?

I think I know, but the two I have both say "provisional" under status, although I have confirmed and sent back my loan forms, and are "approved" on line too.

Also, I have just sent off my C01 form to my LEA as I changed course via Clearing.

Do you think they'll send me an updated financial notification?

I'm really confused with it all at the moment.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jm26)
    Hi,

Can someone tell me which letter/form the "financial assesment" which they want sent actually refers to?

I think I know, but the two I have both say "provisional" under status, although I have confirmed and sent back my loan forms, and are "approved" on line too.

Also, I have just sent off my C01 form to my LEA as I changed course via Clearing.

Do you think they'll send me an updated financial notification?

I'm really confused with it all at the moment.

Thanks.
    yhe when i updated my deatils they sent me through an updated piece of paper, though you shouldnt worry you can still join the uni and start learning even if the financial details arnt properly in place at the time. Might have to beg the bank for a big overdraft to live off before your maintenance comes through though but im sure you'll be fine.

In any case you can check all forms of correspondence with your LEA, and the student loans company through the www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk/ website you'll need you ART ID CODE, and your password info. just click on the correspondence link on the left hand of the page and all document which they have sent you will have been scanned and put on there.

Hope this helps

ash

ReputationRep:
    No need to respond - just sorted it out on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham was my insurance choice, I got my welcome pack on Saturday, just going to sit down a registar now. Still no news on accomodation though, I'm going to email them now about that because Im working until Friday now. I just want some sort of accomodation confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.